Oh.

Y/n frowned slightly.

Where was Iris when you needed her?

[Iris.] Y/n calling in his head, irritated, [Iris!]

After a few moments, her annoying voice floated in his brain. Y/n felt a wave of annoyance and anger towards her; he knew she pulled off that hidden event and put everyone in danger. But more importantly—Y/n needed answers.

[Don't ask me what's up with the Crown Prince. When I asked you to deviate from the narrative, I didn't mean to make the Crown Prince obsessed with you. I must admit, it's truly a feat—no player has ever accomplished that. But well, that was unexpected.]

[I didn't mean that], Y/n thought angrily, [I mean about the stunt you pulled. You put everyone in danger.]

[Oh, that.] Her voice was careless—and devoid of any empathy—[Well, I did tell you there were consequences.]

[I would have been killed.]

[Then you would just return to your previous world.]

Hah!

His previous world?

There was absolutely nothing to return to. Was Iris being serious now?

Aristidis's grip on his arm brought Y/n back to his senses; and he blinked, only realizing now he was trembling. His knees felt weak and his vision felt blurry—was this a side effect of the system?

[Wow. His intense affections scare me.] Iris's voice chimed in, and Y/n managed a venomous thought.

[Just shut up and go away.]

Thankfully, she could be shut down—and immediately, her voice fleeted away, leaving Y/n and the Prince alone. Y/n rubbed at his temples, closing his eyes in exhaustion. This had been a long day—not only was it the first day at the academy, such events had already transpired. And the whole academy was bound to be buzzing about them...and since the magical beast had somehow infiltrated the tight security of such a prestigious academy—the news of the attack would also fly back home to the ears of their parents.

Which also meant inevitably, everyone would be hearing about..them.

...He would be expecting a very long letter from his father, then.

"Go get some rest," Aristidis gently suggested, "come. I will aid you to your room."

Y/n managed a small smile—a playful one at that. "That was smooth, Your Highness. Did you just offer to enter my bedroom?"

The Crown Prince raised an eyebrow—and Y/n noticed the pools of darkness now faded to that of mirth; dancing in his eyes. Well, at least that was one issue solved. "I assure you, Livio. I am much more romantic than that. And I would save that for your wedding night."

Y/n was speechless.

...Talking about marrying already. The pace of this yandere development was worrying, to say the least.

So far, he had no inkling whatsoever that the Crown Prince would turn out to be a yandere—Y/n originally thought an event would have to trigger such thoughts—such as him running away..

It seems he was wrong.

In fact, he never should have underestimated Aristidis's affections.

"Whatever," Y/n muttered under his breath, "just bring me to the room. I feel...giddy. Nauseous. I don't know. Must be some effect.."

Y/n wobbled on his feet.

Just then—servants barged into the room; armed with healing potions and mana recovery items. They painted heavily; and promptly stopped when they saw Aristidis and Y/n.

"Y-Your Highness!" They stammered as they bowed, "apologies for coming so late. W-Were any of you..hurt?" Their eyes flitted to Y/n—who did look like he was in a sorry state. His leg was bleeding, and his eyes were slowly closing. But it wasn't from the pain; but more of exhaustion. And pairing that with the Crown Prince's sharp gleam in his eyes...

"Just focus on cleaning up," Aristidis said briskly, "I already killed it."

There was a sharp intake of breath as the servants took in the scene; but neither Y/nor the Crown Prince couldn't be bothered. Instead, they brushed past them; —Y/n was a little annoyed because the servants had taken half an hour to come, which could have killed more people in the time they wasted—and focused on trying to walk.

He was desperate in trying not to show any outer sign of pain; because knowing Aristidis...it would end in a princess carry. The servants themselves had already noticed the mark on his neck.

There was peaceful silence as Y/n limped—rather than walk—into his room, and sank right into the soft, velvety fabric of the bed. He gave a little sigh, slumping his body against the sheets. He could feel a soft touch on his hair; threading though the fine strands carefully and slowly. The gesture itself was intimate; but Y/n was simply too tired to care.

"Your Highness," Y/n murmured tiredly, as his eyes slowly closed—"you aren't going to do anything stupid, are you? Like threatening people..killing them.."

Aristidis hummed.

"Go to sleep, Livio," He said softly, "you are injured. I'll tend to your wounds."

Right.

It was best to sleep now.

Y/n never really noticed Aristidis didn't really give a committed answer to his questions.

.

.

oho the reactions of everyone (Claude, Angelina, the dad..) will be out next chapter. This is a very short chapter, mostly to highlight the dynamic between two of them now that Y/n realizes he's a yandere. Y/n has failed to prevent Elliot and Claude's route. What will happen next...Hope you enjoyed! Please comment, it gives me motivation <3