"Why not?" Avalyn pouted, looking up at Felix who only brushed her hair out of her face with a shrug. "Because."

"Because isn't an answer," She huffed rather adorably, Felix going to answer before Farleigh beat him to it. "There's a small rule of no clothes in the field. Just pure nakedness."

"Farleigh."

"What? She asked." They both knew that whether she minded it or not, she would not be stepping foot out of her clothes in front of everybody else.

"O-oh." She blinked, not realizing how red her face had become as she thought of the fact that they were all used to hanging out naked.

"What's got you so red hmm? Is that pretty little mind of yours wandering Angel?" Felix teased, Avalyn shaking her head no as she hid her burning skin in his chest. Letting out a small whine at the laughter that arose amongst the group.

Elspeth held a small round cake as she walked up to them. Taking a seat on one of the chairs with a heavy sigh. "The Rostans sent us a cake. I don't know what for but i suppose i won't let it go to waste this time." The woman ranted, signaling for one of the butlers to bring over a few plates and a bottle of wine, pouring it into her glass while she motioned to the table.

"Well come on, help yourselves." She waved, taking a sip of the dark red liquid and leaning back into her chair.

Avalyn couldn't help the happiness she felt when she heard the word cake, her hand intertwined with Felix's as he cut them each a slice. The girl rocking back and forth on her heels at how delicious it looked.

"Darling, when do you lot plan on going shopping?"

"Tomorrow." Felix answered, handing Avalyn's slice to her and watching with a fluttering heart as her smile grew. "Thank you."

He took a seat on the ground once more, Avalyn sitting next to him with her legs folded underneath her. Letting out a little satisfied hum when she stuffed the moist vanilla filled baking past her lips. Three different hands tightening their hold on their forks as she ate.

Oliver sat on her other side, wondering how she could look so delicate doing something as simple as eating cake. Watching as the icing smudged near the corner of her lip.

Oliver was quick to have her turn to him, his thumb on her mouth before he could even help it. Holding his breath as he ran it along her bottom lip, her brown eyes looking cutely up at him as she waited for him to finish.

He swiped away the creamy substance, hearing his heart beating loudly in his chest as he brought it to his mouth. Licking it off with a small shiver as his mind raced with the thought that it was the taste of her plump pink lips instead.

He was brave. He knew how upset he had made Felix and he knew that he was only partially back in the boy's good graces. He just didn't see himself caring as much as he should've. He wanted the girl, whether his intentions were pure or not, he couldn't help it.

Felix had missed the small interaction, busy talking to Venetia while Oliver stared at Avalyn in a way that he knew would make the Catton boy angry. The small girl's only focus being on the plate in her lap as she sat oblivious to the dangerous feelings bubbling in his chest.

Avalyn was led back inside soon enough. Felix's hand on her waist as they made their way up the stairs and through the halls. Avalyn's attention being caught by the angel painting on the wall. She didn't feel any less drawn to it than she did before. Despite her forgetting about its existence.