Four

Caedes was taken to the hospital to be cared for. Eraserhead had many things rushing through his head, but one thing stood out. Why'd Hawks call Caedes Izuku? Was Caedes able to find out his name? If he did, how?

"Hawks." The hero called out. The big bird turned his head to face him. "Why'd you call Caedes Izuku? I didn't know he knew his name. When we worked together, he said he didn't." He explained.

"He said that he thinks that's his name, but he can't remember enough. We should be able to find out all the information from the hospital files."

A few minutes passed, and a nurse came out with the requested documents on the kid.

Name: Midoriya Izuku
Birth Date: July 15 ××××
Quirk: N/A
Current Age: 13
*Picture Attachment*

Mother: Midoriya Inko
Quirk: Attraction
*Picture Attachment*

Father: Midoriya Hasishi
Quirk: Fire Breathing
*Picture Attachment*

"He's only thirteen!" Hawks shouted. "That- That's just... wrong!" The Ersure hero didn't speak. "And he got shot! His only thought is,'Oh, need to follow protocol'!?"

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but you can see him now." The two pro heroes walked into the room. Before either could say something, the boy spoke up. Hawks was partially surprised he still had his mask on.

"Can I get back to Head Quarters now? Handler isn't going to like my tardiness." Hawks wasn't shocked that was his first thought. Handlers were easy to displease.

"You'll need to stay here for the night. We also found out your real name and age. If you want to know, we can tell you." The boy looked conflicted. His body was still just as tense as it was at the condo. He was uncomfortable. Of course, Caedes wouldn't say anything. It was his job to remain silent and ready.

"Handler would not condone-"

"What do you want, Caedes? 'Handler' shouldn't get to decide whether you know basic knowledge or not." Aizawa cut in. The boy didn't speak but looked at him confused.

"I apologize. I have been off my game lately. I don't think it is smart to tell me this information." His voice was flat as he spoke. Both the heroes nodded.

"We'll keep you comp-" the door slammed open. Both heroes swung around.

A woman in the shorter side and rose pink hair walked over to the bed.

"Caedes. You broke protocol. You were not told to go to the hospital. When injured, you come back to headquarters."

"Sorry, Hand-" Smack.

The room was dead silent. The noise still rang through the room. Now Hawks knew where he got the smacking from.

"You do not speak without permission." He words were cold and venomous. Do you understand, quirkless?" Quirkless. Meant to insult the boy. His shoulders tightened more. "Do you understand?!" She yelled this time.

"Yes, Handler." His words empty. Both heroes in the room wanted to do something. Anything. But they found themselves frozen in shock. This woman. Handler. Just smacked the boy for simply apologizing.

Hawks snapped out of it and approached the Handler.

"I ordered him to come to the hospital." The Handler just glared at him.

"It follows protocol over orders. It knows this. Stand up, Caedes. You're going back to headquarters." The boy stood up as demanded. The handler walked, and the boy followed, whispering a quiet apology.

"She shouldn't be able to do that!" Hawks shouted.

"She's part of the commission. She is a Handler, specifically." Rumi told him solemnly. "There's nothing we can do." She set her cup down.

"I know, but still. He's thirteen. He's been there for ten years. He can't even remember his mother's name." He sat down aggressively. "Do you think I could get him put under me permanently? Like a side-kick?" He wondered.

"I don't know, but you do have a lot of power over the commission. A lot of information that could tear them down if it got out. You could use it against them." She suggested. Keigo perked up.

"That might work! I'll be back." Hawks ran out and headed towards the HPSC Building. He walked through the halls quickly.

He eventually got to the same Handler's office and knocked on the door.

"Come in." Hawks opened the door. He heard the women sighed. "What did you need, Hawks?" Her voice was could and cautious.

"I want Caedes put under me permanently." He stated simply, still standing.

"That's not possible." She didn't even look up from the computer.

"We both know you have the power to do that." This caught her attention.

"Hawks. Do not speak back."

"His fighting skills are great, and I believe he could help me drastically. Do not force me to take external actions to get what I like." She glared at the winged hero.

"Are you threatening the HPSC?" She shot a threatening look.

"No, I'm informing. Now tell me, is he going to be put under me?" She glared at him for at least a minute.

"You can have it as your bodyguard." Hawks nodded. "I will call it down here. It will take a minute." Hawks left the room without anything else.

He waited outside for a little while. He knows it was going to take a while but it took longer than expected.

The boy came down the hallway with another Handler. He was squeezing Izuku's shoulder a little more than he'd like. He also wasn't pleased to realize there were bruises over his face and other exposed areas.

"Takami." He greeted. The bird smiled brightly.

"Hey, kid." The Handler next to him glared at Hawks. He just glared back. "You ready to go, Caedes?" He asked.

"I'm sorry, I don't understand." The Handler wacked him on the back of the head.

"You don't speak unless given permission."

"I gave him permission by asking a question." The Handler's scowl deepend. "And to explain, you're gonna be my personal bodyguard."