19 • dangerous liasons

Start from the beginning

"What if I took you?" He says almost too quick. Silence looms over them for a few moments.

"Hello?"

"Yes." She breathed out. Blush sprouts out from her neck up into her cheeks without her realizing.

Stefan lets out a small laugh as does Hadiya. "Seeing as you'll already be there I guess I'll see you there."

They say their goodbyes and hang up. Hadiya stares at the phone with a smile on her face, the line still entwined around her finger.

She hears a knock on the door, Rebekah entering shortly after.

"Who're you talking to?" The blonde asks. She notices the lingering blush running up the heretic's neck. "Klaus?"

"Stefan." Hadiya answers. Rebekah's face coats with shock then realization.

She smiles faintly, "Do you like him, Stefan?"

"Yeah, he's great." Rebekah nods, knowing Hadiya only meant as a friend. She waves before closing the door behind her.

THE CLOCK POINTS TO seven and the party has started. People swarm in, The Salvatore brothers arriving separately. Stefan looks around for the familiar curly brown hair. After a little while, Elena walks in through the big front doors. He decides not to greet her. Instead, he waits by the stairs for Hadiya.

Once he hears heels click down the stairs, he rises to his feet. When his eyes land on her, his jaw goes slack and his lips part.

Pale blue sleeves drape over her shoulders, stopping at her mid arm. White silk gloves cover her hands and the rest of her arms. The pale blue color flows down her dress with gold accents on her chest. The gold and blue clash perfectly, the pastels making her brown hair look bolder. It's wrapped up in a braided bun, loose strands outlining her face. Gold clips poke out throughout her hair.

She reaches the bottom of the stairs, waiting for Stefan to say something.

"You look gorgeous," He pauses, "You are gorgeous."

Hadiya smiles, giving his cheek a kiss. "You clean up quite nice. I like this face better than the blood stained one."

He nods, agreeing with her. His hand reaches into his front pocket as he pulls out a jewelry box.

It opens, revealing a gold necklace that matches the color of her dress and the pins in her hair. Her eyes widen in surprise. She wants to recognize this necklace but she can't.

In 1864, after the founders ball, Stefan found this necklace on the floor. He was heartbroken, knowing she had ripped it off her neck. He's kept it ever since. He thought this would be the perfect moment to give it to her.

She meets his eyes. "Thank you so much, Stefan. Could you put in on?"

He nods. Hadiya turns around, swiping some of the hair off her neck. The feeling of his finger tips send chills down her spine, her breath catching in her throat. She turns back around, thanking him again.

Their attention is pulled towards the stairs as Elijah starts to speak.

"Uh, if everyone could gather, please. Welcome, thank you for joining us. You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance. Tonight's pick is a centuries-old waltz, so if all of you could please find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom."