Also, Harley was surprised that Mr Carrera seemed to know about the rapport she had built with the Sheriff. As far as she knew, no one other than the Pogues and Big John knew, yet Mr Carrera knew enough to recongise that she would be grieving the loss of someone she admired.

Harley bit her lip unsure of what to say in response. Before she could string together a response, Mr Carrera spoke again.

"I don't want you kids getting in any more trouble, especially, you girls. You're going to spoil your future if you keep down this path, and following that JJ."

Harley frowned. She was taken aback by the negative light Mr Carrera had shone on her JJ and she didn't like it. "I really appreciate that, Mr Carrera. But, JJ hasn't done anything wrong, nor is he leading us down a bad path."

Mr Carrerra shook his head as they slipped out of the car and headed into the restaurant. "He's a bad influence, no matter how you want to dice it, Harley. Just be careful." Kiara's dad disappeared into the kitchen leaving Harley irritated.

JJ was an amazing person who cared about her and his friends so deeply. She didn't understand why people couldn't see past the bad cards life had dealt him. It wasn't his fault his dad was an abusive asshole or that he wasn't born into a rich family in Figure Eight. His circumstances had made him who he was today and Harley thought he was perfect.

He was perfect for her.

A voice shook Harley from her reverie. A familiar voice. A voice she knew but couldn't place. Her eyes swept the room over and over, but settled on no one in particular. It bugged her that she couldn't draw a face to the voice, but from what her mind could recall the voice belonged to someone she didn't want to see.

As soon as Mr Carrera returned with a smoothie for Harley, she thanked him and slipped past a bunch of people. Her feet carried her quickly out of the restaurant, the threat of Rafe looming over her again. She hated how agitated she felt, the Pogues would know how to make her feel better. They wouldn't have to do much, not really, because simply being around them cheered Harley up and made her feel safe.

Harley missed hearing Kie talk about helping the environment or giggling over the topic of boys. She wanted to make chaotic decisions and hear Pope's disapproving and worried voice. She wanted Rafe's blaring voice out of her head. In fact, she wanted anything Cameron related erased from her brain. If justice could never be served then the next best thing was to forget.

The irony of it all.

All Harley had ever wanted was to remember. Now she desperately wanted to forget.

Half of her body bumped into some man dressed in black. She barely glimpsed him and apologised before he was gone.

With her mind split Harley took off again. The most obvious place she'd be was the Chateau, however her friends would surely be there and she wanted to be with her friends.

As Harley walked away from the Wreck, she noticed that people were using their phones. People were texting and making calls, which made her wonder when exactly cellphones were usable on the island again. It was a good thing, because then she'd be able to call or message the others in seconds, she just needed to get her hands on her own phone.

Again, Harley bumped into somebody almost dropping her smoothie. She thanked God she had been spared the embarrassment of decorating the stranger's white t-shirt purple, or spilling it down herself. With everything going on in her head she might have just burst out crying.

She almost did when she looked up.

Hazel eyes that looked so much like hers stared back at her. Thick brows raised in shock, just like hers, and jaw dropped just like hers.