A Soul Left Unsullied [Dee]

Book: A Soul Left Unsullied
Author: Artemis_writes25
Reviewer: DHBurnside
Chapters read: 3

Ideas 4
Details and content 3
Organisation and struture 4
Introduction and closure 4
Voice 4
Word choice 3
Spelling 3
Analysis 4

Chapter 1: nothing came easy
Everything about this chapter was perfect. I wouldn’t change a thing. It flowed perfectly from the beginning to the ending and I read it in one go unable to stop until I could switch to the next chapter. The only thing I could think of as a small small improvement was mentioning her drinking problem a little earlier.

Chapter 2: New Home
I really enjoyed the history section of the story and it a little insight to her Aunt. Although I understand they had a close relationship it’s not really given us much information as to why she drank other than to fit in. If she’s getting so much encouragement from her peers to continue, why stop? Is there a deepness that’s caused her to wanting to stop… like low moods from alcohol or shame while her peers thought she was being funny?

Chapter 3: Letters
After suggesting she didn’t like green in chapter 2 I thought it was strange everything was green in chapter 3 although a different shade. Maybe it’s less bright?

The letters were beautiful and read well. My only feedback here was I think there could have been a little more about who she was writing them from, what was her connection to the letters. I get she felt they were history but why did her aunt read her one specific letter?

Overall, these were three strong and easy to read chapters. This book has amazing potential and I think would be very publishable in the future when its ready. 

─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─ ⋄ ☾∘☽ ⋄ ─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─

Thank you for requesting a review from us. Do let us know what you think so that we can improve to better provide for authors like you.