Chapter 19

Anna's P.O.V.

"I mean, we're fucking graduating Year 11 in two days, Anna. Can't you show some fucking concern?" fretted Aiden, who paced my bedroom floor.

"We're graduating different schools," I answered, as Aiden tripped, and fell on the hardwood floor.

"Fuck," mumbled Aiden, as he tried to stand up.

"But that's not your point, is it?"

"No. My point is that our futures are beginning soon, you know? We're going to rebel and do drugs and have sex and graffiti random shit," explained Aiden, his pale blue eyes widening.

"We already do that stuff."

"Well, when we turn sixteen, it will be legal!" he exclaimed, the corners of his mouth beginning to turn into a smile.

"Drugs and graffiti will still be illegal, dimwit," I retorted, walking to behind my bed, and producing a bag of spliff with some rolling papers.

"Can I have one, Anna? I'm fucking stressed. I've got another exam to take," begged Aiden, running a hand through his long hair. I rolled my eyes, as he pulled a rolling paper from his pocket, and put some of the spliff on it. I tossed him a lighter, and watched as he exhaled.

"Are we going out, tonight?" I asked, as he took another puff.

"Er, yeah. I'm going to that guy's party."

"Which guy?"

"I dunno. I think his last name is like, Robertson or something," said Aiden, exhaling through his nose.

"That's nice. Wait, do I have to walk into the party with you?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Uh, yeah! I need to gain as much street cred before college as possible. And you're probably the only way I'll be able to do that," argued Aiden, bringing the joint back to his lips again.

"I have Luke, you moron."

"He's not really your boyfriend. He's more like your fuck buddy that fucks you whenever you want," returned Aiden, his voice trailing off with each word.

"What? I like him, all right?"

"No. That's not it. I think Luke's in love with you," teased Aiden, nudging me in the shoulder.

"Well, he's fucked."

"Why?"

"Love is unnecessary. It inhibits humans from making advancements, yet we still pine over it. It's pretty shitty, you know? Having someone love you," I replied, staring into space.

"Damn, Anna. Who dumped you that badly?" questioned Aiden, exhaling smoke.

"You're fucking stupid, you know that, right?"

Finn's P.O.V.

"He's nearly finished," I whispered, looking through the glass wall. Isle sat at his desk, quickly writing his final essay for the term. Kade stood next to me, and had his cell phone to his ear.

"Yeah, all right. Dane's taking his psychology exam? It ends in two hours? Yeah, we'll have everything set up by then," rambled Kade, through the cell phone. He ended the call, and slid his phone back into his jean pocket.

"Who was that?" I asked, as Tad walked towards us, his hands shoved into his pockets.

"Elizabeth. She and Lindsey are planning Dane's party," answered Kade, as the three of us turned our backs to the glass.

"Why does he need a party?" I questioned, fixing my hair a bit.

"Because he came out the closet, smart one. When you come out the closet, you get parties and a celebratory cake," explained Isle.

"I want a cake."

"Come out of the closet, then."

"I like girls too much," I returned, crossing my arms.

"Anyway, I heard our A-Level results were coming in about a week," said Isle, putting his hands behind his neck.

"Awesome. What universities did you apply to?" asked Kade.

"Cambridge, Cardiff, University of London, and Kingston."

"What the fuck? Why didn't you apply for Surrey? Anna and Lydia are going to be pissed at you," interjected Kade.

"I don't want them to be pissed, but I've been thinking about going to those four schools for a long time. I want to leave here, you know? There's a whole world out there I want to explore. I have some growing up I need to do," explained Isle.

"Well, that's nice. But I don't want to grow up," I argued.

"You don't know what I mean by growing up. We need to keep some part of our childhood with us, it shapes who we are you know?" said Isle, agreeing.

"It's settled, then. We grow up, but we don't grow up," I concluded.

Dane's P.O.V.

"Come on, Lindsey. I'm like, really fucking tired, and I just want to go home and eat some Wotsits," I pleaded, while she kept a firm grip on my hand.

"You're coming in, all right? We're going to hang out before we're too far apart too," demanded Lindsey, as I nodded in agreement. She rung the doorbell, and Finn's bright blue eye was in the peephole. He opened the door, and as I walked in, a fistful of streamers were thrown in my direction.

"Whoa, what's going on?" I exclaimed, as Kade and Isle hopped from behind the sofa.

"Mate, this is your coming out party. There's some cake and drugs. Enjoy," said Isle, licking a bit of icing from his fingers.

"Epic," I muttered, as Kade threw an arm across my shoulder.

"Now, shall we party or not?" he asked, a smirk forming on his lips while I nodded.

Anna's P.O.V.

"Well, how does this look?" I asked, handing Aiden a mirror. On my bedroom floor, laid locks of Aiden's thick, jet black hair.

"Not horrid. But what's that breeze going about my ears?" he retorted confusedly.

"It's called a breeze," answered Willow, running a hand through her pale blonde hair.

"Oh. I was a bit confused."

"Guys, tomorrow's the last official day of class," I interrupted, bringing Aiden and Willow's attention back to me.

"Wonderful. Should I bring cookies," piped up Willow, an excited look on her face.

"No shit. Cookies, maybe some spliff, and if you can, vodka," returned Aiden.

"Uh, I'm not sure my mum will be so keen on that."

"I'll bring it. Tomorrow's going to be the best day ever."