Destination Despair - 3

Start from the beginning

How does a simple good morning make her so happy...? What kind of life did she have?

...

I'm getting uncomfortable thinking about it...

"Good morning, Y/N." Mahiru greeted as she walked past you.

"Yeah... good morning..."

"Jeez... you sound pretty tired." she turned to face you, before looking down. "But... I guess I can't talk. It's hard to sleep around here."

"Exactly... Especially after last night."

"Yeah... I had a lot on my mind, to begin with, and I'm not sure if I'll get the answer I'm looking for..." She put her hand to her chin. "Maybe... I'll prepare some yummy desserts or something, and invite some people to come chat with me. Oh, but it's gonna be a girls-only thing, sorry. No boys allowed."

"Well, it's your gathering... Your choice of who goes."

She gave you a surprised look as if she wasn't expecting that response. "Oh... thanks for understanding..." She then looked down and put her finger to her cheek. "Ah, but... I don't really know how to make any desserts... I mean, I know the basics, but... I don't want to do just the basics, you know?"

"Actually, I was looking at the bookcase in my room earlier. There was a cookbook for desserts. I don't have any use for it, so it's all yours if you want it."

"Eh? Really? I had nothing like that in my cottage..." she flashed you a smile. "Can you bring it to me later? I'll change my mind and invite you if you do! I mean... it would be fair, after all."

"Yeah, I'll bring it to you."

"Awesome, I'm saved!" she laughed. "I guess you are pretty reliable."

"Thanks...?"

"Bring it to the restaurant after breakfast, okay? I'll be counting on you!"

"The restaurant after breakfast... Got it."

"Great, hopefully, this will take my mind off things..."

With that, she walked away, toward the hotel.

Yeah... hopefully...

You quickly made your way to the hotel as well, not wanting to be scolded by Byakuya.

When you got to the entrance, you saw Hiyoko standing there with an annoyed look.

"Bleh, it's too early for stuff like this. I'm soooooo sleepy." she pouted. "I just wanna stay in my cottage and eat candy. Mr. Ham Hands is one selfish leader."

"That's... one way to spend your mornings, I guess? Not a healthy way, but still a way."

"I didn't ask for your opinion, stupid!" she glared at you before turning around with a huff. "I guess I should hurry, maybe I'll see that ugly bitch trip again!"

Guess I should've seen that coming...

You walked into the hotel entrance, and right as you did...

"Gooooooooood nom-nom-noming!"

"Good... huh?"

"I thought up a greeting for when we all eat breakfast together! It's a combo between 'Good morning!' and 'Nom-nom-nom!' at the same time! This is definitely the new, hip thing to say! In fact, it's Ibuki's number one goal to make sure it will be the new, hip thing to say!"

With a joyful shout, she sprinted to the exit.

"Ah, wait-- and there she goes... I think everyone else is upstairs..." You looked at the arcade cabinet. "...Mostly everyone."