𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 9

━━━━━★. *・。゚✧⁺

A/N: you people terrify me. like dude i was just tryna proof read after publishing ch 8, it hadn't even been TEN second since I published it too. AND THERE WERE 5 READS ALREADY? FUCKING HELL YOU PEOPLE    T E R R I F Y    ME WTH istfg y'all are lightning mcqueens in disguise.

buttttt jokes aside, y'all's comments give me the red bull typo motivation 🛐 (this is me trying to manipulate you all to comment more) (no it's not) (what if we kissed) (IM JOKING.) (not really 😈) (IM JOKING BYEEEE)

━━━☆・*。
・゜+.
°。+

"How do you even know how to dance?" Athanasia asked Lucas as he spun her around a little, a little annoyed that he could dance perfectly in contrast to her who's been taking dance lessons since she was 7.

"I know everything." He answered casually, gracefully taking a few steps back as the song ended, as did Athanasia, giving eachother a small bow out of courtesy, both hiding their smiles.

"Will you take me there again sometime, Lucas?" Athanasia leaned on the window's frame, looking at Lucas with a hopeful gaze as she genuinely enjoyed her time in the 'pretty lake' (as she dubbed it).

Lucas had taken her back to her dormitories, now he sat floating on the air as he did before. "We'll see, based on how you treat me." He stared mischievously at her, which made her lift her head up and click her tongue, mumbling an 'Uh huh.' in an unimpressed tone.

She cleared her throat, "Alright! You can leave now." She made 'shooo. go away.' signs with her hands. Lucas groaned, "How I love  a princess and her hospitality to her guests." He said sarcastically. Athanasia gave him an irritated smile, crossing her arms, "This is the best you'll get from me."

Lucas stood up, "Fine, good night." He patted the non existent dust from his clothes, raising his hands to snap out of there and into his dorm, but just then-- "Wait!" Athanasia called out to him in a hesitant tone. Lucas raised a brow, "Hm?"

Athanasia sighed, gazing down.

"Thank you. ."

Lucas smiled, "You're welcome."

The next time Athanasia looked up, Lucas wasn't there anymore.

Athanasia shrugged, stretching as she moved to her bed. The letter from Lilian she placed on the bed was still there. Smiling, she opened the letter.

Dearest Princess,

I hope you are doing well. Was the train ride comfortable? Was it even the slightest bit bumpy? (Hopefully, it's different from a carriage ride.) Are the others treating you well there?

Forgive me if I'm asking too much. It's just that this is the first time you'll  be away from me. In another dimension, at that! And for so long, too. I can't help but worry. Nevertheless, I'll trust the wizard to take care of your highness. And of course; I trust you, as well, to take care of yourself.

Did the magician give this to you at night? I apologise if my letter disturbed your sleep. Do tell me if me sending you letters is troublesome, as I feel I'd burden the wizard by making him deliver letters all the time; and disturb your  studies in the process.

I'm afraid if I write any more, I'd end up consuming four whole pieces of parchment. However, in case it is the hour of your bedtime as you read this: Good night, my little princess. Sleep well.

With love,
Lillian York.

PS. Please don't kick off your blanket at night,
I reckon it is cold over there.