𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 5

━━━━━★. *・。゚✧⁺

A/N: Hello 👁️👁️

Ehem, put your pitchforks down istg I can explain, I swear.

So you see–

━━☆・*。
・゜+.
°。+

After a while, the two newly acquainted friends had to temporarily separate. Hermione had to collect her luggage which she had left in her compartment since the train would be stopping soon. Promising that they'd meet again once the train stopped, Hermione went back to her compartment.

Lucas slept through the rest of the ride, with his head on a pillow which had appeared out of nowhere. Ron started to question if the eye checkup guy at St Mungo's was right about him having perfectly alright eyesight. Harry started to wonder if he was ageing rapidly at a point where his glasses stopped working, the thought sent shivers down his spine.

Their constant eyeing and averting towards Lucas made Athanasia sigh, 'nothing less I'd expect of that guy..'

A sudden movement, an indication that the train had stopped. Athanasia smiled, nearly forming a grin. Reasons being, one: She's only mere minutes away from the castle she'd aways dreamed of. And two: Hagrid.

Well, you didn't think she'd forgot about him, did you? Why how could she ever. He was a comfort character for her during her past life, and to be given the chance to meet him, excitement would be quite the understatement.

Lucas looked at her with his usual slightly narrowed eyes, with a hint of knowing look. Behind him were Harry and Ron, both quite nervous, mind still not off about the little trick Lucas had done back when they were changing. And of course, a little–maybe a mix of very and somewhat–excited to arrive at hogwarts.

"Righ' then. Firs' years, this way please!" A seemingly raucous voice shouted, which immediately caught the attention of the said first years.

"Come on!" Said Athanasia, taking Lucas' hand as she pulled him towards the direction of the half giant. Lucas was taken aback by the sudden action, but a look of mischief formed on his face. "Did you want to hold me that bad?"

A nervous cough was made by Athanasia, "If I don't, you'll start a streak board of 'How Many Kids I Can Traumatize In 5 Minutes Or Less." She explained her reason. Lucas looked at her with a Cheshire expression, muttering a 'Touché' . A few seconds passed in silence, until they reached to where all the first years had been gathered. Harry was talking to Hagrid.

'Ah, this scene.' Athanasia thought. "Harry! Ron!" She called out to them with a grin on her face. As she was looking, she saw Hermione next to them. 'Hermione? She wasn't this close to them in this scene before..' She wondered, thinking perhaps it was because of her interference that they seemed to be better acquainted with each other rather earlier than that in the original. Her pace had slowed down while she was stuck in her thoughts. Lucas, who noticed this, took a small breath. 'The things I do for this girl.' He shook his head.

Snap. He clicked his fingers, making Athanasia's legs move forward on their own. The moment they did, she was brought back from her thoughts, and noticed that her legs were moving without moving. She shrugged. 'Probably Lucas.'

"There you are!" Hermione exclaimed, making her way to Athanasia and took her hand. "Hagrid just left. Oh! Hagrid is the game keeper of Hogwarts, if you didn't know. He's half giant! Fascinating, don't you think?"

Athanasia listened with an excited expression, nodding to every word she said. "Indeed, it is! I so very hope I'll get the chance to speak to him!" She added her own thoughts, while Hermione nodded in aggreement, proud that her friend was just as interested as she was.

Lucas, whose expression was turning more and more blank as he observed as the rest of the kids made their way to the boats unlike the two girls, decided that girl talk will now be added to his list of 'Fuckery That Will Perish By My Hands'.

"I am more than delighted to leave you both here if you do not want to arrive in time for sorting." He interrupted them in a chilly tone, with a sweet smile that did not match at all with his tone. This made the mustard-chocolate duo shut up for a start, rushing to the boats in a panic, who fortunately hadn't left. Lucas sighed, teleporting himself into a free boat, unbothered about the possibility that he'd be seen doing such an act as the students were too busy with their own talks. He put a stabilizing charm on the boat as he knew very well that the mustard-chocolate duo would jump in as they were in a hurry.

And they did. Hermione looked surprised that the boat didn't move even the slightest, but shrugged it off because magic. Athanasia, on the other hand, decided to take a leap of faith and put her trust in Lucas. (Also because she knew that he himself wouldn't want the boat he was sitting in to flip over.)

The boats started moving immediately, making Hagrid let out a jovial cry as the boats just wouldn't move until then, he was beginning to wonder if he'd somehow accidentally broken them!

Lucas sabotaged the boats, obviously. 'The things I do for this girl.' he thought once again with the tiniest hint of smile on his face.

━━━★. *・
             。゚ ✧⁺

A/N: I'm sleep deprived as fuck and can't think properly. Take this chapter for now, and this time I SWEAR that I'll update in about two days time. I apologise for orphaning some of yall ogs 🙏 take this peach 🍑as a peace offering. Now FFS WHERE IS THAT PACKET OF NESCAFE I BOUGHT THREE MONTHS AGO.

━━━━━★. *・。゚✧⁺

Words: 951

Date published: 17/12/23