Chapter 5

Chapter 5 - The Sorting Hat
            Once we took a short trip on the boat, which I sat with Neville, Dean and Seamus, we entered the biggest castle that I have ever seen! I mean I know that I read about it in Hogwarts, a History, but it is even better than the description. Which means that it is better than I expected. Well, as we made our way up the stairs, we were greeted by an old woman in green and black robes. She said her name was Professor McGonagall and that she was the Deputy Headmistress.  Then she left us.

Then  we were all greeted not- so pleasantly by Draco Malfoy, who said to Harry Potter that, "He could help him, and that there are certain families you shouldn't mix with," and he held out his hand and Harry said, "I can tell them myself, thanks," and rejected his hand shake. And all of that happened as  Professor McGonagall was telling us about the houses and the founders, Godric Gryffindor, Helena Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin. Then Neville found his toad and everyone laughed, even me, though I knew it was rude. We were lead through the doors and into the great hall.

I was walking beside Susan Bones and I told her, "It isn't the real sky, it's just bewitched to look like the night sky."  As I waited for my name to be called, I found out that Hannah Abbott was put in Hufflepuff, Susan Bones was put in Hufflepuff, Terry Boot was put in Ravenclaw, Mandy Brocklehurst was put in Ravenclaw, Lavender Brown was the first Gryffindor, Millicent Bulstrode was the first Slytherin, Justin Finch-Fletchley was another Hufflepuff, and Seamus Finnigan was another Gryffindor. Then, finally, it was my turn.

I can still remember what it said to me, "Hmm, a muggle born,  well that takes Slytherin out of the picture, as they only allow pure bloods. But I do see brains and lots of them, but also courage," with that he shouted "GRYFFINDOR!" and that was it, I am a Gryffindor. Well I'm going to bed now, so night diary.