Kin jumps to the side and throws two senbon with bells on the ends that jingle. Shikamaru ducks and they embed themselves in the wall behind him.

"Bells...?" Shikamaru utters as he looks back at them before looking at Kin. He gets to his feet, appearing unimpressed. "Oh, please! Not that old trick! Let me guess: next you'll throw senbon with bells and senbon without bells at the same time. I'll react to the bells, and while I'm focused on dodging them, I won't notice the silent needles coming at me. Am I right?" An indignant scoff. "Good luck!"

Kin says as she runs forward, "You sure talk a lot, don't you?!"

Shikamaru retorts as she throws the needles at him, dodging each one, "Now I know to be careful of all your senbon—not just the ones with the bells!" Suddenly, there's a couple of jingles, startling the Nara. He jerks his head over his shoulder and it was then we notice the thin threads attached to the bells, leading back to the female Sound ninja. "Oh, man!!"

Shikamaru turns back to Kin but he was too slow. "Too late!!" She throws two senbon and they strike his right upper arm, knocking Shikamaru over.

Ino says worriedly, "Shikamaru!"

Naruto grumbles as Sakura goes up to him, "Well, that didn't take long."

I say, "Hold on. Don't be so sure! He's not beaten yet." Naruto glances at me in mild confusion, but my gaze remains on the Nara who is now on his feet and is ripping the senbon from his upper arm.

"One inch higher, and that would've been a fatal hit." He throws them away as he yells at Kin, "Ok, now I get a turn!"

"Sorry, that was your turn!" She retorts before tugging on the threads, causing the bells to sway. Shikamaru goes rigid.

 Shikamaru goes rigid

"What the...? What's going on?!" He lets out a groan as he drops to his knees.

Shikamaru raises his head to Kin as she explains, "You see, you don't ever ask "For whom the bell tolls," because it tolls for thee. This bell sends off a peculiar sound vibration that travels through the outer and inner ear, then directly to the brain. First comes paralysis, and soon you'll start hallucinating." Shikamaru groans as he covers his ears. "It won't work. You can't block the Sound out once it's inside your head. It's useless." Kin suddenly multiplies as more copies of her spread out on either side of the girl.

" Kin suddenly multiplies as more copies of her spread out on either side of the girl