002, i'm always the unlucky one

.•POURING RAIN•.
            { irl }

—————.•💫•.—————

mallekai moseyed her way to school, dreading reaching the large metal gates. she knew matt might be in one of her classes this year and that was enough to already put a bitter taste in her mouth.

"BOO!!" corbin yells from behind mals shoulder causing her to gasp and jump.

"OH MY GOD CORBIN YOU SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME!!" mal screeched at him.

valerie was walking a little ways behind them, laughing to herself about how mal and corbs act like siblings.

"hurry up slow poke!" corbin says over his shoulder toward valerie.

valerie groans but quickens her pace to catch up nonetheless. rolling her eyes at corbin while he stares at her.

mallekai instantly wraps her arms around vallie when she finally comes into reach. vallie chuckles but hugs her back just as tight.

"i've missed youuu!" mallee whines causing val to laugh even more.

"we saw each other yesterday!" valerie giggles out.

"yeah but stilll" mal counters.

"jeez she's more clingy then me" corbin mutters as he watches the two beside him still intertwined.

"oh shut up you're just jealous that i'm hugging your girlfriend." mallekai rolls her eyes shooting her middle fingers up at him.

val chuckles softly before letting mallee go, "okay okay we need to get to school now" she announces.

corbin and mallee both groan simultaneously before following vals lead, walking the remainder of the way to school. the closer they got the more the pit in mals stomach grew. it was like a black hole, slowly engulfing every part of her being.

after they made it to school they were sent to the hall where all the other 11th graders were meeting to find out their timetables. mal saw matt from across the room, he was sitting in one of the insanely uncomfortable plastic chairs. his leg was bouncing rhythmically and his fingers were in his mouth as he chewed at his nails.

he was the perfect embodiment of mal right now, that was why they were best friends until 6th grade. They could relate to each other since they both had anxiety, they knew exactly how the other felt just by a quick glance and their body language.

but those days were gone. they were no longer best friends, they were enemies. they shared the same amount of hatred for each other as the other did. mal hasn't talked to him since that day in 6th grade. the day that broke her.

"mallekai rosewood! eyes over her please." a voice boomed throughout the wooden walls snapping mallee from her daydream. mallekai rolled her eyes when she realised which teacher had said it.

mrs lukberd. the teacher that mallee SWEARS has it out for her. corbin was trying to silently chuckle beside valerie but was clearly too loud, since mallee sent daggers his way causing him to shut up instantly.

"thank you for gathering here, we will be handing your timetables out shortly." the main teacher says. "but before we do that I would like to add that this year is a significant one. this year you will all be trying to work hard and striving for your dreams. that being said I would like to not be seeing you all act out and goof around like you have in previous years. that behaviour will not be tolerated whatsoever." she adds.