𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

Start from the beginning

"I saw you everyday, after school, I seen you, Sarah," He purred, voice low, eyes alight with excitement. "That's what I wanted to talk to you about." He took another step towards me, invading my space once more.

Would he do something? try something?

He would.

They always did.

"And I have to be honest, Sarah." He reached up and tugged on my braid with his mud stained hand, not hard, it was in more of a playful way, but I didn't like the intrusion.

"I haven't been able to stop thinking about you every day." He says softly.

Feign indifference, Sarah. Pretend you don't care.

Stepping sideways to free my hair from his grasp, I brushed off his words with a small shrug and readjusted my bag on my shoulder.

He stared at me for a long time, eyes dancing with excitement, before saying, "You're a shy little thing, aren't you?"

"No," I replied, voice small, and it was the truth.
I wasn't shy. I could be as outspoken and verbose as anyone when I was with people I trusted.

But I was cautious. I had good reason to be. And I didn't trust him.

"Well, shy or not, you must be fucking gorgeous under those clothes," He stated lowly, dragging his bottom lip into his mouth as his eyes roamed shamelessly down my body. "I would really love your number."

My mouth fell open.
Was he serious?

I gaped up at his face, trying to gauge him.

He looked completely serious.
"I, ah, I, no."  I stutter, shaking my head, I narrowly avoided his hand once more when he tried to tug on my braid again.

"Wyatt, can you not hear? I said no. I don't give out my number to strangers." I state.

The very last thing I wanted to do was give anyone- him, my number.

And while I had made that mistake once before, had to get a new phone number, shitty day. Meaning that I would never do so again.

Wyatt scoffed. "I'm hardly a stranger."

I don't care if he went to my school- or not. I don't care.

"You are to me," I replied, forcing myself to stand straighter, more relaxed. Like I didn't care.

"Come on, Sarah, I don't bite." He continued to smile at me, but it was harder, his eyes a little cooler now. "Just give me your number." He jeered.

"No." I shook my head. "Sorry, but I don't know you well enough to give you my number." I stated.

"You could always get to know me," He purred, placing a firm hand on my shoulder.

Even though I couldn't feel his touch through my coat. I immediately recoiled from the contact, but he didn't move his hand.

"I have a brother to catch," I strangled out, repeating my earlier words. My shoulders were stiffer than concrete when I added, "I need to go now," I was clutching at straws, but I wanted away from this boy.