Ch 5: Unexpected Feelings

Start from the beginning

"You're a good sister. (Y/n), you're lucky to have her."

You grabbed your sister's arm for some kind of protection and outright hissed at him.

"(Y/n)!" Your sister gaped and quickly looked at the strawberry blond with an apologetic look. "I-I'm sorry, Gakushu. (Y/n) is having a hard time in school these days."

Like always, Gakushu holds back whenever you're like this. You getting annoyed by his presence alone isn't anything new to him. However, even now, the strawberry blond can tell something is up with you. You seemed more upset with him than usual.

Are you mad about what he said to you the other day?

Now, Gakushu isn't going to take back what he said. Nor does he even feel slightly sorry.

However, he does want to fix this to at least get you back on his good side. Suppose he can even call it that. If your sister found out then he is in for an earful.

Look, Gakushu didn't want to lose his cool on you, but someone had to put you in your place. You've been pissing him off for far too long.

And he hates it that his father can tell.

"I can't believe you let one little girl bother you so much. What did I always tell you about that temper of yours, boy? Don't tell me you have a crush on her. Is that why you often sneak over there as a child?"

Gakushu grits his teeth as he remembers those words and the slight mockery in his tone.

He is sick and tired of hearing that from his old man. He didn't go over there because he had a crush on you. His father knows damn well why he hid at your place as a kid, and it pisses him off that he would use that to poke fun at him.

"It's fine." He manages to smile. "School can be quite difficult." He then looks at you. "(Y/n), want me to buy you some comic books?"

You frowned. "No."

'You little brat!'

"I insist." He tells you calmly.

While you continue to deny his offer, (sister's name) name couldn't help but be pleasantly surprised. This is the first time Gakushu has asked you to do anything for you. She never thought about it before, but it was rather cute seeing this kind of interaction on full display.

"Hey, Gakushu. Can you do me a favour? I'm having lunch with someone, and my parents are both working. I don't want (y/n) to be eating alone." She clasped her hands together and smiled sweetly. "Can you take her out to lunch?"

Your mouth fell open. "Sis-"

"Sure." Gakushu agrees.

"What--?"

'Don't I get a say in this?!'

"Great!" Your sister beamed. "Thanks." She playfully ruffled the boy's hair. "See you later (y/n)!"

"Wait! Don't leave me alone with him--"

"Bye!"

And she's gone. She was gone far too quickly that you barely had to process anything so you just stood there, stunned at what just happened. Your sister was enjoying her day out with you, so for her to leave just like that was surprising.

Gakushu sighs and fixes his hair. "Why does she treat me like a kid?" He mutters.

That aside, when Gakushu looks at you again he sees you slowly turning to him all while giving you a dissatisfied glare.

"What?" He deadpans. "You're still getting your mangas."

You crossed your arms. "I wanted to hang out with my sister."