5~Engagement And Mehendi

Shivani pov :

"Shivani, why are you doing this ?"

Ruhanika stood behind me with concern and worry in her eyes. I am sitting in front of a mirror wearing a grey colour lehenga, jewellery and light make up. Still, it didn't hide the sadness in my eyes.

"Shivani..."

"Ruhanika please,trust me I'm doing right"

I stood and turned around, cutting off her sentence. I blinked my eyes assuring her that I'm doing all with my own will.

"Hum sahi he karna chahte hai apni zindagi mai shivi, par kabhi kabaar sahi karne ka result galat hota hai"

(We want to do right in our lives, but sometimes the result of doing right is wrong)

Meera said adjusting my lehenga pallu and dusting off invisible dust from it. I smiled at her words which pierced my heart. I don't want to marry Vijay but chacha ji has threatened me. If I deny this proposal, consequences will not only be faced by me but by Rohan also.

"Kabhi- kabhi humain galat karna padta hai, kuch cheezon ko sahi karne ke liye"

(Sometimes we have to do wrong, to get some things right)

I whispered and hugged both my girls, they are my life, my sister and my family. I love them so much but I don't want them to have trouble because of me.

"Aur galat rashta kabhi sahi manzil tak nahi pahucha sakta"

(And a wrong road can never reach the right destination)

Ruhanika said, making me just look at her with poker expressions. Maybe she is right but I'm not wrong either, it's about fate not wrong or right.

"chale"

Ruhanika whispered to me sadly and I nodded my head. My legs started shaking a bit due to nervousness, and the whole hall was decorated with flowers and lights. Even the hall was filled with lights; which was not at all helping my life going towards the darkness, flowers fragrance was enchanting the decoration; but still was not able to make my dried petal life beautiful.

"My soon to be wife"

I didn't even realise when I heard a husky voice. I immediately met my gaze with him, my soon to be future husband whom I don't even know. He forwarded his hands for me with a smirk.I hesitantly put my palms on him.

"You are looking sexy my love"

He whispered in my ears, making me uncomfortable at our proximity. I immediately sat on the couch on my own and fisted my lehenga to calm down. He gritted his teeth and sat beside me holding my palms forcely, digging his nails on my palms.

"Dont fucking disrespect you woman"

He tightened his hold on my hand making me whimper in pain. A tear escaped from my eyes due to his hold but I managed to give him a nod. Chacha ji brought rings thaal in front of him, both of us took the ring.

"Shivani ring"

Chachi ji said sweetly but I can sense the threat hidden behind those words. My hands started sweating badly with fear and nervousness. I didn't want to marry him, I wanted to become a dancer, I wanted to open my dance academy. I want to alot of things but marriage; not at all.

I was about to stand up from my place but Vijay put his shoes on my feet and pressed them painfully. He eyes me towards Rohan, where the guard was standing behind him with a gun. I looked at him and he raised his eyebrows to dare to disobey me.

I slid the ring into his ring finger and closed my eyes hearing claps. He smirked and about to hold my hands for the ring, suddenly the light went off of the hall and everyone started gasping. I felt a warm hand hold my palm and a slided ring on my finger. I felt a kiss on my hair and after two minutes lights got on.