chapter thirty seven- see you again

Start from the beginning

"Oh, this place is a maze." He confirms.

"Where did everyone go?" I ask him.

He goes back to organizing bandages and gauze. "They were done with the practice. It's Vancouvers turn with the ice now." He answers me.

"Oh," I realize that Quinn was going to be on the ice surface soon. "Where should I go to waste time before the game starts?"

"Uhm," he ponders, "I can show you to a room where you can just chill for a few hours."

"Alright, lead the way." I obey.

My dad leads me out of the arena, and up multiple flights of stairs. We finally get into a room at one of the upper decks then turned into a room with multiple couches, and a glass wall that you could see the entire ice surface from.

"When it's nearing time, go to your seat on the ticket," he tells me, "it's right in-between the two benches, very front row, you'll have a good view of me and both teams."

Right in between the two benches, great.

"Alright thanks dad. I'll see you soon." I say and he waves then exits the room, closing the door, leaving me in the empty room.

I walk around it, taking in the view of the rink, and looking at all the furniture in here.

This was probably a very expensive box seat. There were a lot of TV's and there was a whole ass dining table in here as well. This is where the rich, rich people watched the game.

I decided to get comfortable, it was going to be a while before anything really started. I laid down on one of the black leather couches that faced the large floor length window, and watched as the Zamboni flooded the ice in preparation for the Canucks to practice on.

When it was done, I saw the players start to get onto the bench, all decked out in their practice gear. They get onto the ice one by one. Quinn then steps on the ice, I can tell from a mile away if it was him, because after all. I was probably obsessed.

I watch as the little strands of his dark brown hair flutter in the wind as he skates. His strides were large, and he gains speed very easily.

Well no shit, he's an NHL player, people would expect nothing else.

"Shut up." I tell my mind, then realize how stupid I must look talking to myself like this.

I eventually get tired of watching Quinn and his teamsters do drills. I decide to try and get a little nap in.

I set an alarm on my phone, so nobody would walk in on me sleeping away on this comfortable couch.

The lights of the room were tuned off, creating a good environment for me to shut my eyes, and get rested up for the game ahead. It was going to be a long one.

———

*beep beep beep beep*

My eyes immediately open, and I realize that I was not at home. I was in Toronto of course.

It was six thirty, and I could already see people with leafs jerseys Filing into their seats.

"Shit." I curse, I should have woken up earlier.

Heartstrings on the Blue Line - Quinn HughesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara