•⊱•••• 6 ••••⊰•

Chan was holding Seungmin's hand. Actually holding it. The smaller's fingers had looped around his own and held tightly as he pulled him forwards. It felt crazy, and Chan was in awe at how quickly it had happened.

One second Chan had been sitting in the kiosk looking at his phone, and the next Seungmin had appeared at his side, called him Channie, stared at him and then offered his hand, soon pulling Chan completely off his feet.

Now they were on the move and Chan was holding tighter in an attempt to not trip over. Despite his smaller size, Seungmin was actually quite fast on his feet.

Chan had no idea what was happening, and he could have sworn they were doing something illegal as Seungmin pushed open the cinema staff doors and pulled him down a hallway to a dimly lit stairwell.

Now Seungmin was pulling him upwards, their destination a complete mystery...that was until they reached what Chan could only assume was the top floor, and came to stop under an exit sign. Seungmin swiped his ID card against the card reader before pushing open the door that would lead them onto the roof of the cinema.

The space had a seating area decorated in fairy lights, and a cool evening breeze immediately wrapped around Chan's body, making him shiver for other reasons. "Where are we? This place clearly isn't open for the public," Chan asked as he marvelled at the rooftop space.

Seungmin stopped and looked over his shoulder briefly. "This is the staff area, we come up here during breaks when the weather is nice," Seungmin pauses, "We're not doing anything wrong, I'm allowed to be here, we're allowed to bring friends up here too as long as we don't cause a ruckus or whatever"

Chan's heart skips a beat, did Seungmin just call him a friend?

Chan didn't have time to think as Seungmin let go of his hand. Chan quickly shoved it in his pocket, hating how lonely it suddenly felt.

"We can sit over here," Seungmin says as he speedily walks towards a long outdoor table.

Seungmin slides in on one side, onto the bench seat, and Chan shuffles in on the other.

"So, you really like me?" Seungmin asks straightforwardly.

Chan jumps out of his skin, completely forgetting he was the one that wanted answers here. Despite his own heart desperate for the truth, he still nods his head in answer to Seungmin's question first. "I do"

Seungmin blinks at him, giggles, blushes and stamps his feet cutely under the table.

Chan couldn't help but smile at how cutely Seungmin was acting but quickly his own question was coming to his lips.

"-And you like me?" Chan pokes.

Seungmin looks to the side bashfully. "I do"

Now Chan was the one getting excited.

After Chan had composed himself his next question came to mind, and he was suddenly thankful they were alone in the seclusion of the rooftop area and not out in the open at the kiosk downstairs.

"So...you said from the moment you saw me that our age gap has never mattered. What exactly did you mean by that?"

Chan watches Seungmin's eyes trail to the side, and he notes how the boy's shoulders tensed up towards his ears.

"I won't judge," Chan adds. "I'm just curious because it sounds like you've liked me before Saturday, but when we first met you were only 12? 13? You hadn't even dated my brother yet..."

Chan allows Seungmin the time to answer. He wasn't upset with the possibility that Seungmin liked him before he'd dated his brother, he just wanted to hear it from Seungmin, for the boy to be honest with him.
Regardless, he wanted a positive outcome from the chat so he didn't want to pressure Seungmin either, forcing answers and making him uncomfortable.