•⊱•••• 3 ••••⊰•

Seungmin rests idly on his hand, doodling a little cluster of love hearts in the corner of his maths book with the other. It'd barely been a week and Seungmin was already going insane with dread over Jeongin finding out that he'd stayed the night, and that he'd very much stayed because of the feelings he'd long since harboured for his older brother.

Other than a text message Jeongin shot through on Sunday, thanking him for taking him home and being there for him despite everything, Seungmin had stuck by his word and hadn't spoken to the boy since Saturday night. Seungmin had sent a message back saying that "that's what friends do" hoping the implication on friends was evident, but deep down even friends felt like a stretch.

Seungmin was sure if he were to run into Jeongin at school that he'd see right through him, making things weird, and he worried what an unstable friendship with Jeongin would mean for his re-emerged feelings for Chan.

That spark he'd felt as he'd woken up with Chan was growing brighter and brighter with each day and Seungmin was at a loss on whether he should act upon his feelings or get over them for the sake of Jeongin. Seungmin very much wanted the former, but was currently in this strange zone of trying to keep his feelings hidden just in case, while also badly attempting the latter.

But Seungmin's attempts to keep his feelings hidden were no match for his maths class buddy, Jisung. Because as Seungmin slowly pulls his eyes up from his maths book they immediately find Jisung, the younger staring at him through narrow eyes.

"You're quiet today. Too quiet. What's on your mind?" Jisung asks as he pokes his arm.

Seungmin sits up and quickly turns the page so his mindless scribbles are hidden. "Nothing!" he squeaks out.

Jisung gestures at his book. "That didn't look like nothing, Seungie. You like drawing hearts or is someone on your mind?"

Seungmin looks down at his book, knowing his cheeks were likely flushed red. Jisung had seen right through him, just as he feared Jeongin would.

"There's...someone," Seungmin admits quietly.

Jisung perks up in his seat, "Is it Jeongin? I heard you guys were-" Jisung lowers his voice, "-making out at Hyunjin's 18th. You two getting back together or something?"

"What? No!" Seungmin wheezes as he shakes his head. How many more people were gonna ask him that?!

"You sure? I wasn't gonna say anything but along with Changbin and Wooyoung's fight, Lix and Changbin's break up, and Minho and I dating and all, your snogging escapade with Jeongin is the talk of the town."

Seungmin froze, his heart racing. He wasn't used to being the centre of attention. He had always been the one behind the scenes, taking photos and writing about others, never the byline for the front page.

"I think cause Jeongin's always been quite sweet even when he's been dating, but you just blew his sweet boy image straight outta the water-" Jisung continues.

Seungmin turns his head from where he'd slumped it on the desk, cutting Jisung off with his own thoughts. "I still can't believe you and Minho are actually together so suddenly like this. I thought for sure we'd spend the rest of the year with you pining over the boy"

Jisung shrinks and blushes momentarily before springing up again. "Hey! Don't change the subject. We're talking about you, not me!" Jisung huffs. "So tell me, who is it you're actually crushing on?"

Seungmin blinks absently as Jisung stares at him, waiting for answers. Answers Seungmin wasn't entirely willing to give. What if he told Jisung the truth and then Jisung talked with Jeongin? What would happen then?