𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐒 𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐀Ć𝐄𝐒.

Start from the beginning

"But, you see, Leepy actually does have some knowledge..." Leepy hesitated, but mustered up the courage to continue. "Mrs. Rosier and Mr. Nott are awaiting your presence in the dining room, Ms. Viola. They are expecting you."

Viola grew a tad puzzled. Her grandmerè? And Theo? Or perchance his father? She wasn't quite certain. But she wasn't fond of the tangled situation that had arisen.

"I'll be there shortly," Viola replied, standing up and smoothing out her dress as she did.

Leepy just nodded and headed back inside, leaving Viola not only confused but also slightly concerned.

But that didn't stop her from making her way back into the dining hall, her heels clicking on the floor.

In an instant, all their gazes turned towards her. Viola could discern the presence of Cygnus, Druella, Victoriè, Alton, and Theo, all seated at the grand dining table.

Viola expected to see either one of the Nott's at the table, but with both of their presence there it only heightened her concern.

"Viola," Victoriè murmured, her voice pierced through the air, capturing the attention of her granddaughter. "Do take a seat,"

Viola, with her mind swirling with confusion, followed Victoriè's command and took a seat. The weight of Theo's presence loomed before her, a magnetic force she couldn't bring herself to confront directly.

To Theo, well, he thought the same. But when he caught sight of her as she gracefully entered the room, it was as if time stood still. Words failed to capture the depth of his admiration, for he was utterly captivated by her presence. Though he had always recognized her beauty, in that moment, it transcended all expectations. She had matured, adding an intoxicating allure to her already bewitching self. It took every ounce of his willpower to avert his gaze, but he managed to do so, albeit with great effort.

Victoriè cleared her throat, with a hint of authority. "Alton," she addressed him, her eyes meeting his as she nodded her head.

Alton rose from his seat, his hand clasping the delicate stem of his champagne glass. With a twinkle in his eye. "I propose a toast,"

Victoriè cast a meaningful glance towards Viola, silently urging her to partake in the toast. With a slight annoyance, Viola reluctantly reached for a cup of her own.

And around the table, everyone followed suit, including Theo, though his hesitation was evident.

"For the betrothal of my son," Alton exclaimed, causing Theo's eyes to widen in surprise. "Let us raise our glasses to celebrate the union of Theodore Nott and Viola Black, the only granddaughter of Victoriè Rosier."

As those words spilled from his lips, Viola felt as though a ton of bricks had collided with her heart. Her gaze immediately locked with Theo's, and their eyes met in a moment of shared surprise and realization.

Viola's glass slowly descended to the table, untouched, as the others raised their glasses to their lips and drank the champagne. However, Theo remained visibly shaken, mirroring Viola's own state.

"Congratulations to you both," Druella remarked with a wicked smile adorning her lips.

They sat there in silence, their words swallowed by the weight of her words. The toast they heard, swirling in the depths of their minds, refusing to be deciphered. The air around them grew heavy, charged with an unspoken tension. The gravity of the moment hung in the air, casting a shadow over their thoughts.