𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. DETENTION

>_<

egotistical

egotistical.
chapter 003 ━━━━ detention

THE ADVANCED MATH CLASS was a sea of sleek, white desks meticulously arranged in rows beneath the sterile glow of fluorescent lights

THE ADVANCED MATH CLASS was a sea of sleek, white desks meticulously arranged in rows beneath the sterile glow of fluorescent lights. the hum of hushed whispers and the occasional squeak of a marker on the whiteboard created an ambient background noise.

as you settled into your seat, the realization hit you like a sudden gust of wind—you had forgotten to do the homework. panic set in, and you scanned the room for a lifeline.

your eyes landed on a girl in front of you, her raven hair cascading down like a waterfall of midnight silk.

you leaned forward, "hey, i totally blanked on the homework. mind filling me in real quick?"

her eyes widened in surprise, and as she turned to face you, you saw the subtle blush creeping up on her cheeks.

she stammered a bit before managing to provide the details of the assignment, her words laced with a mix of excitement and nervousness.

she began explaining the calculus assignment, "so, for this problem, you have to integrate the function over the given interval, and then apply the fundamental theorem of calculus." she explained, her eyes glinting with enthusiasm.

you nodded, pretending to absorb every detail, though your mind was already racing ahead as you took out your notebook and started answering the questions. as she handed you the set of questions, she tried to guide you through the process.

"here, you differentiate this function first, and then integrate the result to find the area under the curve." she said, pointing at one of the problems.

you glanced over the questions, pretending to ponder the complexity, but then couldn't resist making a snarky remark. "piece of cake. i practically invented calculus in my sleep."

she blinked, surprised by your egoistic comment, yet strangely intrigued. admiration sparkled in her eyes, and a smile tugged at the corners of her lips.