What if Felix is right? What if she doesn't love me and is just attracted to me? Will she regret after realising her true feelings?

My phone dinged taking me out of my thoughts. I took it and opened the messages. My eyes turned moist seeing her text. I sighed loudly and closed my eyes.

"I'm sorry sweetheart."

I got up and went to the bathroom to freshen up. I took a long, relaxing shower to calm my nerves. Tomorrow is her birthday. I will not be able to talk with her or wish her. But after that, these things will be over and then I'll shower her with all the love I missed in these 7 days. I will not give her a single chance to complain.

I smiled and walked out of the bathroom. I again lay on the bed and took my phone. Staring at my wallpaper which was her picture during our engagement ceremony, I smiled softly. The clock strikes 12 making me close my eyes and recall her face.

"Happy birthday sweetheart."

I whispered clutching my phone tightly in my hand.

Just a little more love. Then I will not leave you alone ever again.

The next day, I got ready for the office. I went downstairs and saw Mom preparing the breakfast. She smiled at me and I went towards her. I wished her morning and informed her about my meeting.

"Mom, I have an early morning meeting. I'll have breakfast there."

She looked at me with squinted eyes.

"Meeting? I thought you were free today."

I scrunched my face seeing her reaction. She huffed and folded her arms.

"Don't tell me Namjoon, you forget      Y/N's birthday."

She said making me sigh and shake my head.

"I didn't forget Mom. Don't worry."

I smiled and she gave me an unsure look. I left to go to the office. I reached the meeting room and saw Jin hyung was present there. He was going through the papers that we needed for the meeting.

"Good morning hyung."

I wished making him glance at me and hum. I sighed seeing him ignore me. He has been like that since I told him about Felix and the deal between us. He said that it was stupid and I shouldn't have agreed. I don't know how to make him understand my point of view. I just want the best for her.

I sat beside him and started to read the file.

"So you're not even wishing her birthday?"

He asked in a dry tone making me gulp and stay silent. He glanced at me and sighed heavily before loudly shutting the file. I flinched a little and looked towards him.

"Namjoon-ah, this is stupid. You know how much it can hurt her feelings. And if she has anything for you, then it's even worse. She must be expecting something. You are crushing her hopes."

I stared at him blankly. He was right. But...

My phone buzzed making me look away and took it out of my pocket. I expected it to be Y/N's call but seeing the unknown number I frown. Answering it, I placed it on my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hello. Is this...Namjoon?"

The familiar voice made me shuffle in my place but I couldn't grasp who it was.

"Yes. Who's this?"

I said suddenly feeling a little heavy in my chest.

"Felix."