Chapter 19. Gryffindor vs Slytherin

Start from the beginning

“I’m not going to do anything, Hermione. I’m just saying.”

Hermione rolled her eyes, turning back to the game just at Lee Jordan shouted through the megaphone and the match begun.

Harry floated there in the air as the others shot off. He hovered there as the players began once the quaffle was thrown into the air.

Lee called out who caught the quaffle and who stole it as it got passed around the air. It amazed her how easily they could catch something midair and throw it while it not falling straight to the ground. She was in awe as Oliver Wood caught the quaffle that the Slytherin had thrown to try and score a goal—all while flying.

Gasps were audible around the Pitch when Fred… or George deflected a bludger that was headed toward Angelina, a chaser that Lee had commented through the microphone.

“Foul,” Amaryllis shouted. “You better watch yourself…” she didn’t know the man’s name, and wanted to curse him for the move he had made.

Lee had called it a downright nasty move, along with Flint—the boy she wanted to curse. Flint had crooked teeth, and his smile reached a depth darker than his eyes she couldn’t see. She already disliked him because his smile reminded her of Dudley’s and his friends; arrogant, confident, and untouchable.

“Horrible. The lot of them,” Hermione stated from next to her. Her hands gripped the railing as she stared out into the field with a concentrated look on her face.

Amaryllis didn’t say anything in return. She only had problem with Draco, and she guessed the two goons that followed him around, and now Flint. Otherwise, she’d seen some friendly Slytherin’s she had passed in the corridors. Though, not many seemed to care hearing about how great her brother was. And she didn’t blame them. Harry hated the attention and no matter what he did, it didn’t stop. It was just that no one bothered to listen or get to know the boy behind the scar.

That was what made her choose her friends wisely. Those who didn’t care who her brother was, and didn’t undermine him for something he couldn’t control. He was just… Harry to them. A significant part of her life. Her brother and twin.

Movement in the air caught her attention. Someone was moving erratically in the air, jolting around and quickly rising in the air.

Her eyes caught sight of the red on their uniform and the young glasses on their face.

“Harry,” she breathed out, standing from the bench and leaned against the railing.

His broom flew into the air and she watched as his body sank into the broom from the force. It jerked him forward and Amaryllis screamed his name.

Voices began whispering and talking, yet she didn’t hear anyone outside of the pulsing in her ears. Her eyes were zeroed onto Harry’s figure, feeling helpless as she watched him being jerked around on the broom, and many near falls that he somehow prevented.

“What is with the sky?”

“The sky?”

“The sky. Why does it hate us?”

“I don’t think it’s the sky, Rhylie,” Hermione said, gripping her arm. “Look.”

Amaryllis craned her neck to where Hermione was looking.

It was the benches were the teachers sat, along with Lee Jordan who commented the game-play. She wasn’t sure what Hermione was seeing until she noticed Professor Snape’s mouth move. His eyes concentrated on her brother as he seemed to be saying something.

Hermione continued, whether she knew what she saw or not. “Snape. He’s hexing Harry’s broom. It takes concentration to hold a spell like that.”

Amaryllis didn’t see how it was possible. Snape was openly mumbling a spell? Right in front of multiple professors and Dumbledore?