5 • Blurred Memories

"Charlie Lue Raven. That's my baby girl's name," faintly I could hear my mother speaking to my grandmother on the phone. They haven't been on speaking terms lately and she had yet to meet me.

"Charlie! Charlie!" my father laid on the floor in front of me. He held two toys in either of his hands and was trying to get my attention. I was currently two and my parents were always trying to get me to do new things.

My mother suddenly turned towards me with a smile. She waved at me and suddenly the two of them disappeared.

Suddenly it was in the present. I was sixteen again, but this world was different. Everything around me was black there wasn't a single thing around me.

Suddenly sitting up out of breath I looked around my room. I clutched my chest and was desperately trying to catch my breath. My pulse was racing and I was drenched in sweat.

I wasn't sure what the dream was supposed to mean. It started as a flashback of a childhood memory, but the ending had me startled. Grabbing my phone off the bedside table I decided to call my aunt sue. It rang twice before I heard her pickup.

"Hello? Charlie is everything alright? It's five am where you are," her tone was worried and I relaxed upon hearing her.

"Aunt Sue, hello. I'm okay, kind of. I just woke up in a cold sweat and it was a really weird dream. Are you doing anything is it alright if I facetime?" I watched my phone quickly turn from audio to visual and I smiled seeing her face.

"Hey baby girl, so tell me about this dream? You look stressed baby," I offered her a half smile and began to confide in her.

Going into detail I recalled everything I could about the dream. She sat deep in thought for a moment before she turned her attention towards me.

"Charlie the only reason I'm awake is because I had a dream about your mother tonight. I'm not exactly sure why they both came to us tonight. But I was thinking of your parents today," smiling I thought back to my conversation with Asher.

"I actually was thinking of them today as well," curious Sue turned towards me on the screen.

"Why were you thinking of them today?"

"Well I was at a lake house," she cut me off shortly.

"A lake house? With who? Girl what have you been up too?" she giggled a little and sent me a questionable glance, "I'm not questioning Rose's parenting skills I assure you. But I am however thinking of something huge. I want to hear about what's been going on though! You're a grown woman and I know you don't make stupid choices," smiling at her I filled her in on my weekend. I left out all the parts about the weed, the alcohol, and Asher sleeping in my bedroom.

"This Asher boy, he really seems like he's taking care of you huh? Are you guys dating?" I felt my face heat up as I came up with a response.

"We aren't dating, but we aren't exactly just friends. I really like him. But can we switch the subject? What's your news?" her face lit up and she took a breath before she began.

"Okay so the company is booming, way bigger than I thought it ever could. So I'm thinking of adding a few new locations," my face lit up in joy and I clapped quietly for my aunt.

"This is so exciting! Where you are you launching?"

"So first off I'm sending my assistant Luanne and her personalized team to LA to launch that location. Secondly, Annabelle one of my CEO's in my departments is relocating her family and her personalized team to Florida to launch our company there. I can't wait for all our beach collections! Then I'm sending people to Chicago for that launch, and lastly I'm thinking about launching a location in possibly Colorado," trailing off I couldn't contain my excitement as she finished.