18 • right where you left me

Start from the beginning

Elijah opens the door of Klaus's mansion, seeing Stefan, Damon and Hadiya standing outside.

"Niklaus, our guests have arrived." Elijah calls for his brother.

The hybrid irritatedly invited the men in, yet gave Hadiya a warm welcome with a kiss on her knuckles.  They are standing in the dining room. The table is set and there's food on it. Two female servants are standing in the room.

"I didn't come here to eat, Klaus. Fact, I didn't want to come here at all. But I was told I had to cause you would hear us out." Stefan groaned.

Klaus pursed his lips, "Well, we can sit and eat or I can reach down your throats and pull out your insides. The choice is yours."

They sit at the table and everyone except Stefan eats and drinks. One of the servants pours Damon some wine.

"Eat. I thought we agreed that we would leave the grumpy Stefan at home." Damon tells his brother, cutting some of his food.

Klaus smiles sarcastically, "That's the spirit. Isn't it nice? Five of us dining together? Such a treat. Is this what you had in mind when you pulled the dagger from my brother?"

"Well, I know how he felt about you, so I figured the more, the merrier." Damon sends a playful wink to Elijah.

"Well, Elijah and I have had our share of quarrels over the century. But we always make it through." Klaus says.

"Kind of like you and Rebekah, right? Where is she, by the way? Last I checked she was still daggered because you were afraid to face her." Stefan torments the hybrid.

"If you're referring to the fact that Rebekah knows I killed our mother, I've already come clean to Elijah." Klaus looks at Hadiya, knowing she's still under his compulsion and hasn't come clean about killing her parents.

Damon shoves his elbow into his brother's arm. "Hey, Stef, remember when you killed dad? Might want to dial down the judgment until dessert."

"We're here to make a deal, Damon. Doesn't mean we need to kiss his ass for seven courses." Hadiya laughs and Stefan gives her a smile.

Damon glares at them, "I'm just saying we have a long evening ahead of us. Pace yourself."

"Stefan, where is the lovely Elena tonight?" Elijah asks. Hadiya rolls her eyes, still not fond of the doppelgänger.

"I don't know, ask Damon."

Klaus laughs, "I'm sorry, you've missed so much. Trouble in paradise."

"One more word about Elena and this dinner's over." Stefan says sternly.

Klaus smiles and puts a finger to his lips as a promise to keep quiet about Elena. Hadiya gives a small laugh at his action.

"You know what, probably best just to keep Elena in the do-not-discuss pile." Damon suggests. Klaus agrees.

"It's just the allure of the Petrova doppelgänger, still so strong. What do you say, brother? Should we tell them about Tatia?"

Hadiya can't help but get annoyed. Everything is always about the doppelgängers, she's getting tired of hearing about them.

The two originals share the story of them and Tatia Petrova. Hadiya sips her drink, drowning out the conversation.

Klaus and Elijah clink their glasses together, tearing Hadiya out of her trance like state.

"So, why don't we move this evening along and discuss the terms of this proposal?" Elijah suggests.

"That's very simple. Klaus gets his coffin back, in exchange, he and the Original extended family leave Mystic Falls forever. Me, Stefan, and Elena live happily ever after. No grudges."