33

Mariana

"I need to tell you something." My heart slightly fell at the tone in which he said it in. I'm praying it's nothing bad because I honestly don't think I can keep putting on the happy act.
The boy hesitates.
He takes a deep breath. "Um...someone posted a video and—well—it was one of you..they accused you of being extremely rude and the um..the video already as a much if views and likes and I just wanted to let you know before you saw it, because that girl is being absolutely stupid and I promise I'll do something to get it taken down." My heart falls at his words. No, fucking way.
"Can I see it?" I asks quietly.
His eyes widen. "I think it's best if we avoid instagram right now." He places his hand onto of my phone.
I bite my lip. "It was that one girl? Right?I saw her recording me but I was in the middle of trying to prevent a judge anxiety attack." This isn't fair.
It's like everything keeps getting worse and worse and it slowly breaking me. I want to stay here and support Marc but,
I want to go home.
I press my lips together as look at my boyfriend who stared at me sadly.
"It's okay..amor, please don't cry." He whispers, reaching his arms out and pulling me into a hug.
I take a deep breath as rest my head against his chest. I cry to much. But this sucks.
I feel a few tears fall down my face as he holds me close.
"I'm so sorry." He whispers. "It's not your fault."
I tell him lifting my head up and wiping my few tears.
He cups my face in his hands. "I should've gone to those girl and none of this would've happened." He apologized.
"and I'll say something on Instagram if you want me too.. just say the word and I'll do it right now, baby. I don't want to see you sad anymore." I take another deep breath as I lean into his hand. The tears as stopped and I felt blank. I don't know if it'll hit me tomorrow or if I have officially reached my breaking point after everything that happened these last few days.
"No, it's okay...I don't want to forget it." I mumble.
His eyes meet mine and he leans in and presses our lips together.
"Yo te amo." He says. "Yo también."

.
.
.

It was Saturday so I didn't even bother getting out of bed besides to brush my teeth and wash my face.
I was wrapped up in my sheets as I watch a animal documentary on the TV. Part of me felt like I was just being dramatic but the other part of me told me otherwise.
I hear a knock on my door but ignore it. "enana, it's meeeee." I sigh at the familiar voice and stand up.
I open the door to see Hector smiling down at me. "Marc got held back so he asked me to bring you this and told me to tell you he'll be up soon." He hands me a bowl of food.
"Thank you." I tell him. He smiles at me again before making his way into my room.
I stare at him as I watch him pull his shoes off then jump on my bed, making himself comfortable.
"It smells good in here...Marc and I's room smell a bit musty..it's all him, not me, let's be for real." He says, propping himself up.
I roll my eye and close the door and make my way over to the small table.
"Cute..You're wearing Marc's jersey." Hector teases.
I look down forgetting that I had slept in Marc old Barcelona jersey. I nod at him then sit down.
"Estas bien?" He asks, scooting closer to the edge of the bed.
"Si, just tired." I tell him as I dig into the noodles.
"Marc thinks you are mad at him..I'm not supposed to tell you that." The curly head boy says to me.
I look back at him. "I'm not mad at him..he can't prevent it." I point out.

Hector sighs and reaches over and grabs an piece of chicken from my food. I side eyes him before going back to eating.
"He feels like he caused this cause he promised you it wouldn't happen." He says.
"So he thinks he jinxed it?" I question. He nods. I let out a small laugh and shake my head. I wasn't mad at him, I obviously knew that people were going to hate because we're dating, no matter how stupid it is they will, did I want to prevent some of it by staying more private? Yes. But I never really thought about how he promised me something he couldn't do. And this everything that's been happening isn't just his fans.
We both twist our head to the door as we hear it unlock.
Marc walks in, setting his bag down and taking his shoes off.
He looks up and his eyes go from me to Hector. "What are you doing here?" He asks the curly headed boy.
Hector looks at him with a. "Duh" look. "You asked me to bring her food."

Marc walks closer sitting down in a chair in between the table and the bed.
"Yeah..you aren't supposed to stay." I raise my eyebrow at his tone. Hector doesn't say anything else to him. He just puckers his lips and nods his head and stands up, noting the tone of his friends voice . "I'll see you." He says before walking out.

I turn my head to face Marc. " and that?" I question.
Marc rests his head on his hand, he held an annoy look.
"Why were you alone in the room with him?" He questions me.
"He brought me food and decided to keep me company until you came.." I says as if it was obvious.
He give a me look. "I don't want you to be alone with him in a room... that's weird." I decided not to argue with him because he obviously wasn't in the mood and we made a deal to trust each other with those type of things.
"Well, I'm sorry I didn't think you would care." I say to him.
He scoffs and turns away from me. I stands up from my chair and go over to his. I straddle his lap, while wrapping my arms around his neck. "What's wrong?" I asks him as his hands go to my hips.
He doesn't look at me, just stay glancing past my shoulder.
I take his face in my hands and gently turn his face to look at me. He moves my hands away then gently pushes me off of him. "I'm just annoyed...I contacted my agent to see if he can do something about taking the video down but he said there is not point since so many people already have copies." He mumbles.
I sit back in my chair and take his hand in mine. "It's okay...don't stress about it, it'll blow over and I'll be fine, you focus on the next game." I give him a slight squeeze.
"But you aren't going to be fine, Mariana. I fucking know you, you close yourself off then mope about it." He says in a harsh tone.

I ignore his comments and keep trying to comfort him that everything will be fine. "Amor..it's not your fault, okay? You can't control this." I tell him, trying to control the irritation that was growing in me because of his tone.
He snaps his hand out of mine.
"You don't get it." He mutters, standing up and walking over to the bed.

A/n: 7 more weeks and I'm a free graduate women 🤭 I HATE high school.
Anyways, I'm currently lacking on what to write so please leave me ideas. I had a lot of pre written chapters but I only have 2 of those left so 🙏🏼 please