Chapter 35. Third day of the Vacation

Start from the beginning

'You like history?'

'It was one of my favourite subjects in college. I think if I did not want to be a Chef, I would have loved to be a history professor.'

An image popped into Shrishti's head and her eyes widened before she burst out laughing.

'What?' Raghav looked confused.

Shrishti grinned. 'I just imagined you as a Professor, with books held under one arm, specs on your face, other hand holding a teaching rod, pointing to the board. You looked cute. Adorable.'

Raghav looked away but a smile played on his lips. 'Should I start wearing specs now? So that you will think of me as adorable forever?'

Shrishti shook her head. 'You are adorable without it. Infact, you always look adorable.' Her eyes widened as she realised what she had said. Raghav seemed to have frozen at her words.

Oh no! What had she done? Shrishti wanted to scold herself for saying those words. Just then the guide called all of them over to head to the next section, Shrishti ran away to stand by her father. She did not look at Raghav after that.

The tour of the museum ended soon and they had some photo sessions. Shrishti happily took part in it but she avoided looking at Raghav totally. After that, they headed down to look at the remaining zoo habitats.

They were at the bird section next and Shrishti enjoyed that section more than the animals section. It was a delight to see so many colourful birds housed around. Just then she sensed someone come beside her and a whisper in her ear, 'If I am adorable, does that mean you adore me?'

Shrishti took in a sharp breath as the person walked away. She looked around but Raghav had already vanished. But it was his voice! Was he flirting with her? No way! She finally spotted him few feet away chatting with Megha, not a hint on his face showing that he was flirting with Shrishti just now. What a cruel man! Shrishti mused, annoyed and then she was confused as to why she was annoyed.

After that incident, Shrishti remained aware subconsciously about Raghav's presence. It was as if her brain could not let her forget that he was around. Every time, he was around her, like a phone registering the presence of a wifi connection nearby, she would become aware of his presence. Her brain would register exactly where he was standing while her body would stiffen up. She could not even get out of his presence fully because all five had to stay together. By the time, the visit to zoo was over, Shrishti was tense and spooked totally. She could not relax at all. Once they were in the van, Shrishti simply closed her eyes and tried to ignore Raghav's presence in the van. But how was one supposed to do that when one's heart was beating so fast?

Shrishti was lucky. She did not have to spend much time around Raghav in the van. Due to their zoo trip, they had missed the lunch time, so Pappa decided to have a late lunch at a nearby restaurant instead of travelling the whole way to the Hotel. Shrishti was finally able to put Megha and Arpit between her and Raghav. Phew!

As they had their meal, Pappa spoke up, 'I have an old friend living nearby here. I am going to meet him in the evening. So I have got nothing planned for you four today. Go, rest and relax. Tomorrow we will be travelling longer because we are visiting a monastery. It is far away, a long ride basically.'

'What about toy ride?', Arpit looked surprised. 'When are we going for that? Today is third day. If tomorrow we are going for monastery, then toy train?'

His expression reminded Shrishti of a little child who just realised that he has been tricked.

Her Pappa seemed amused. 'It is booked. You need not worry. I have the tickets with me. Trust me.'