•Chapter 41•

"We are in Italy?" Amara asked looking around.

"Yes, cactus, we are in Italy. Milan to be precise" Today Nate decided to kidnap his girlfriend and flew her all the way to Italy for a masquerade ball. Both the plans she was unaware of.

"You said we are going for a date, and you wanted to keep the destination surprise. I never knew it would be all the way to Italy"

Nate chuckled at Amara's surprised expression, her eyes sparkling with a mix of excitement and disbelief. He took her hand in his, leading her out of the airport and into the bustling city of Milan. The air was alive with the sounds of Italian chatter, the aroma of freshly baked bread, and the vibrant colors of street vendors' stalls.

As they strolled through the cobblestone streets, Amara's eyes widened at the architectural marvels that surrounded her. Grand piazzas, adorned with statues and fountains, opened up into charming neighborhoods lined with ancient buildings and quaint cafes. The scent of lavender and jasmine filled the air, mingling with the sweet aroma of cappuccinos and pastries.

Nate watched with delight as Amara soaked in the sights and sounds of Italy, her face aglow with pure joy. He loved seeing her like this, her spirit as vibrant and vivacious as the city itself.

Their destination was a luxurious hotel nestled in the heart of Milan, its opulent architecture and elegant lobby exuding an air of timeless elegance. The hotel staff welcomed them with warm smiles and impeccable service, making Amara feel like a princess.

In their room, Nate revealed the second surprise - a magnificent masquerade costume for Amara. It was a stunning creation of crimson silk, adorned with delicate lace and intricate beading. Amara gasped in awe as she slipped into the costume, feeling like a fairy-tale princess stepping out of a dream.

"Its beautiful" she admired the gown, twirling in front of the mirror. Nate who stood in the other corner of room stared at her with awe and love in his eyes.

"It surely is" he took long strides to come over to her. He tugged at her arm and pulled her towards himself. She crashed into his arms. "You look amazing" Her beauty was captivating, her smile radiant, and her eyes sparkling with unrestrained joy. He knew he had made the right decision to bring her to Milan for this special occasion.

He placed his lips above her for a chaste kiss. "I love you" he whispered tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. He placed another kiss on top of her forehead.

Amara, overwhelmed with emotion, wrapped her arms around Nate's neck, returning his kiss with equal fervor. They stood there, lost in each other's embrace, their hearts beating in sync, as the city of Milan hummed around them.

"I love you too Nate" her eyes filled with tears. No matter how much time she spends with him she cant get over the reality of Nate and Amara. It still feels like she was in some kind of dream.

As the evening approached, Nate and Amara made their way to the masquerade ball, their hearts pounding with excitement. The grand ballroom was a resplendent sight, adorned with shimmering chandeliers, cascading floral arrangements, and a lively orchestra playing enchanting melodies.

Nate and Amara took their places among the masked revelers, their identities hidden beneath elaborate costumes. As they mingled with the crowd, they were swept away by the intoxicating atmosphere of the ball, the air buzzing with laughter, conversation, and the soft strains of music.

Amara, resplendent in her crimson silk gown, drew the attention of many, her beauty captivating all who laid eyes upon her. Nate, his heart swelling with pride, watched as she gracefully navigated the ballroom, her every move exuding elegance and grace.