Chapter 16

"Ugh! I hate him so much!" V was just outside of the gates walking back and forth with her head down.

"Well this isn't like you," V looked up to the voice, it was Naofumi with Raphtalia standing behind him. "I got her back but wasn't with your help that's for sure."

She breathed in and out, calming down she sighed, "I apologize. It's just... it's nothing." She looked away from them, "Where are we going next?"

"We are not going anywhere until the meeting is over tomorrow." Naofumi said.

"You can go but I'll be waiting out here for you two."

Raphtalia then spoke, "Are you scared of the King?"

"What?! No!" V quickly replied, "Why would you think that?"

"I don't know.. maybe a feeling you are?"

"Raphtalia, that's enough of that." Naofumi saw that V was feeling somewhat uncomfortable for some reason, "That's okay, V. You can wait for us outside of the throne room."

"But-"

"That's it." Before walking away.

.

.

.

V waited outside of the throne room as Noafumi said, the doors opened Naofumi holding the reward. "The bow and sword defended you huh? I guess they aren't so bad as the spear. but still don't trust them."

The trio walked to the slave trader's tent to place back Raphtalia's slave mark, "I don't understand why you want that mark placed back on you."

"V's right, we didn't have to get it redone."

"I wanted it. It symbolizes your trust for me, Master Naofumi." Raphtalia blushed, "M-More importantly, Master Naofumi... Umm what do you think?"

"Slave User's Shield?" Naofumi didn't pay attention to what Raphtalia asked. "Huh? What was that?"

"Nevermind," Raphtalia sulked.

"Regardless, you raised that thin little runt into a fine one in such a short period of time," The slave trader praised. "You could easily get 20 gold for her if she isn't a virgin."

"I'm still a virgin!"

"35 gold then!"

"You better watch your mouth, trader."

"35 Gold huh?" 

"Naofumi!" The two shouted.

"Hmm?" Noafumi saw a case filled with eggs that have marks on each of them, "What are these?"

"A monster surprise egg." The trader said, "For 100 silver, the worst you can get is a Filolial! Some baby monsters can be worth several times as much fully raised!"

"Filolial?"

"You must have seen them around town, Master Naofumi." Raphtalia said, "They're the large birds pulling carts behind them."

"And if you draw the jackpot, you'll have a dragon worth 20 gold!"

"You roll here too?" Naofumi looked at V, "You think we should get one?"

"I don't see why not, they are pretty useful in carrying items."

.

They got the surprise egg, "Master Naofumi you shouldn't go around spending money like that."

"Well, just as V said 'it'll help with carrying our items. And I don't want you to fight alone whenever V leaves without telling us."

"But I am perfectly fine fighting alone." Raphtalia pouted.

"We can sell it back to the Slave Merchant after," He looked around noticing his other party member wasn't behind them.  "V went off to the BlackSmith again didn't she?" Raphtalia nodded, "She really needs to tell us if she's going somewhere."

.

"Hey Erhard!" V came inside the store.

"V! What can I do for you?" He noticed that her party members are not with her. "Where is the kid and the girl?"

"I came here to get this sharpened," Ignoring Erhard's question handing her weapon to him. "It shouldn't take to long right?"

"That's right." He took it to the back, "How's travelling with the kid?"

She leaned on the wall, "It's going good I guess. Though they keep on asking me where I go."

"You do go anywhere you want, shouldn't you tell them?"

"I do tell them where I go.. after.. sometimes.. but that one place is private."

"Ah the where the queen found you."

V nodded, "I go there for clues about what happened, even asked the queen about but she doesn't know much either. I really want to find who left me there. I feel like the queen is hiding something from me."

Hello again! Sorry for slow updates and short chapters, I just have been burnt out from writing, doing school work and I have a slightly broken thumb. I promise that next chapter will be 1k+ words.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Date finished: 09/02/2024

Word Count: 690 words