Chapter 7

Finally unto episode 2 :)

Naofumi heard coughing from a nearby cage, he walked over to the cage that the coughing was coming from. Moved the fabric that was covering to see a small girl in shackles. Her neck and arms in chains. She had no emotion in her eyes. "Sir," the trade seller called. "This is the finest slave in our inventory."

Naofumi walked over to the cage he was pointing at with his cane, the slave trader moved the cover to reveal a beast man, also in chains. "It is at level 75."

'It's nearly 20 times my level.'

"How much for it?" Naofumi asked.

"It is very suited in battle, so..." The trader thought for a second, "How about 15 gold?"

"This is the most expensive thing here. You know perfectly well that I won't buy it." Naofumi said.

"Yes," The trader looked at him. "You will be a very good patron in the future. We do need you to feast your eyes on how high we go."

Naofumi's straight face went more serious, "Now, then. You have seen our finest goods here. What kind of slave would you like sir?" The trader asked.

"Something cheap and obedient." His head went to face the girl in the cage from earlier.

"Then you would want...," The trader paused. "... A demi-human. It will not be suited for battle or manual labor." He starts walking away from the beastman's cage.

"If I need it to fight, I'll train it to."

"A very intriguing idea, considering that you do not trust others. Even you're only team member." He said.

"A slave isn't a person," He followed the trader. "I'm raising a thing, just like my shield. As for Her... She is just with me to prove something, she'll leave me after everything is done."

'I wonder how V will react to this.'

"You have got me there!" The trader said about the first part of what Naoufumi said but isn't sure about the second part. He lead Naofumi to the slave girl that he was looking at earlier, "These are the lowest quality slaves we could offer you, sir." He pointed at the girl, "From the left---"

"Raise your head," Naofumi cut him off.

The girl that was in chains coughed for a moment before raising her head to face him and the trader, "That raccoon girl has a psychological disorder. She is causing me a great deal of trouble." The young girl was scared and clutched to herself closing her eyes and whimpering, "Her previous master had a penchant for torture. She likely won't last long."

"I'll take it." Naofumi suddenly said.

"Huh?" The trader looked a bit surprised.

"I'm buying this slave," Right as he said that the raccoon girl had fear in her eyes.

They took the girl to a room to make her Naofumi's slave. Naofumi used a small knife making a small cut on his thumb to draw blood. He placed his thumb on top of a small mixture in a bowl for the blood to drop.

"Well then," The trader took the bowl and a brush. The girl covered her slave mark using her hands but the Trader lowered her hands to draw a circle with the mixture on her slave mark. The girl wanted to scream but didn't as she was afraid of being hit so she bit her bottom lip to not make much noise.

"Hey," Naofumi said a bit worried but didn't show it and not in his words that you could tell.

"No need for concern," The trader said smiling. "It will be over soon," Naofumi looked at her, "The slave seal on her chest will make her unable to disobey you." The girl was on her hands taking big breaths, "The girl is now yours to do as you please."

"The price is 30 silver?" He asked then left a small bag with the coins. Naofumi then walked over to the weak girl.

"There is a extra silver in here," The trader said.

"The convenience fee. You intended to take one, didn't you?"

"You do know me sir," The trader's smile was big.

"Now maybe you could tell me your name," Naofumi was referring to his slave. The girl just coughed, "Come on, your name. Your name!"

"R-raphtalia..." She answered.

" 'Raphtalia'?" He took Raphtalia by her arm dragging her out of the tent.

.

It was still night, V had just finished setting up camp waiting for her leader to arrive. She saw him, as she was about to call out to Naofumi she saw him holding a demi-human wearing rags and in cuffs dragging her to camp. "Sir Naofumi, welcome back... Who is this?"

Naofumi just did a small smile before letting go of the girl, "Her name is Raphtalia. She's my slave."

"Slave?!" She took Raphtalia into her arms taking her a bit away from Naofumi and looked around her body for a slave seal before finding it at her chest. "Why'd you get a slave? You have me to help you."

"Just felt like it," Naofumi shrugged. "You have a problem?" He stared at V who is checking at Raphtalia's wounds and scratches.

"In some countries, like this one, they don't mind it." V sighed, "But I find it should be illegal to own one so I have been giving warnings and arresting people who mistreat their slaves. The slave seal is actually also used during trials, it is used on someone so they won't lie." She took out some of the bandages she had in her bag to treat the raccoon girl, "Don't worry I won't hurt you."

Naofumi just stared at the girls, V treating Raphtalia's wounds she had. "You have a cute name you know?" V said.

"She will be helping us in battles. You teach her how to fight."

"You..." V shook her head. Naofumi just gave a stare, V stared back at him. "Yes, Sir Naofumi."

"We will be getting her a sword tomorrow morning. Get some rest."

.

.

.

The next day, they went back to the blacksmith's shop. "Welcome!" Erhard said hearing the door open to see Naofumi and V coming in, "Oh, it's you kid?" He noticed a small girl holding V's hand, "Hey, now, what's with her?"

Naofumi placed 6 silver coins on the counter, "Give me a weapon it can use. My budget is 6 silver."

"What'd I say about calling her a 'it'?" V hissed. "Not only weapon but some armor too."

V accompanied Raphtalia into the changing room to help her out, "Took you long enough." Naofumi said.

"I-I'm sorry..." Raphtalia said quietly.

"Whatever," Naofumi stood up straight before calling her name. "Raphtalia, draw your knife."

"Huh?" She looked confused.

Naofumi stretched out his arm to move his cape to reveal a balloon monster biting his side. The girl backed away a bit, "Stab it and pop it." He commanded holding it in his hands.

"Just bring out the knife," V said.

"N-no..."

"Raph, please just do it," V said worried about her not obeying orders. She had seen many times what had happen to slaves if they don't obey their master's commands.

"I order you," Raphtalia's seal then started glow and it was causing her pain. "Refusing will only cause you pain."

Sooo sorry if it's kinda short. My quarterly exam will be beginning soon so I need to focus on that first before I can update anything.

The next chapter will probably be posted next week no promises though.

Word Count: 1260