Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Begin your adventure!

.

.

.

.

"We were complacent and underestimated the Waves," the King ended the short story. "After we saw the true horrors of the Waves, we came to realize that only the Four Cardinal Heroes could combat them. We followed the records and summoned you. We have not a single moment to spare.

'Isn't this the same as in the book I was reading?' Naofumi thought to himself.

"I understand the situation," Ren said. "I hope you aren't suggesting you summoned me to work for no reward."

A man with gray hair and smiling creepily spoke, "Naturally, after the Waves have been successfully repelled you will be provided with sufficient rewards."

"Really?" Motoyasu grinned. "Well, if you promise, then sure."

"I'll cooperate as long as you stay on my good side," Ren said. "But don't expect any loyalty from me."

"Yes, same here." Itsuki agreed with what Ren said, "Don't think you can pull a fast one on me."

"Y-yeah," Naofumi said.

"So you accept the requests?" General V said she was leaning on the wall.

"So what of it?"

"Why does it matter?"

She stared at them angrily, "Hmph." She turned her head.

"Now, Heroes, open and confirm your statuses."

After situating their status and saying that they can't be in one team as it would interfere with each other's weapons, they were told that they should rest up for tomorrow to start their adventure and will assemble a team of companions by then.

A young brown-haired girl wearing a dress walked up to them, "I shall guide you to your rooms," She said. "This way, please."

.

"We're getting some sweet treatment for being legendary heroes," Motoyasu said. "The girl who led us to our room was pretty cute. The General looks cute too... aside from her personality."

"The food they served us tasted kind of funny, but it sure was fancy," Itsuki said.

"This is a game," Naofumi said looking at his stats.

"More like it 'is' a game," Motoyasu replied. "It's Exactly like Emerald Online."

"Huh? I've never heard of that game," Naofumi said.

Motoyasu looked at him surprised, "Dude, what? It's the biggest thing ever!"

"What are you talking about?" Itsuki asked, "This isn't an MMO, it's a console game. It's Dimension Wave."
(MMO means 'Massively Multiplayer Online game.)

Ren disagreed, "No, it's VRMMO. It's the same as Brave Star Online."
(VRMMO means 'Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online game. )

"Let's try straightening this out," Motoyasu stood up. "Ren, you said it was VRMMO. An MMO using VR, right?"

"Yeah," Ren nodded.

"It means the same to you guys too, right?" Motoyasu asked the other two.

"I think some science fiction games were using it," Itsuki said.