Chapter eleven

Let my death be being stabbed cold-blooded and freezing in the rainwater, that way at least there's a bit of shrouded mystery.

I squint close my eyes and sigh, this is not the way I imagined it to be. The monster wasn't this terrible as I sketched it out to be. I scratch my head and stare at my empty tea cup, deciding to just call taehyung. And then I checked the time, of his classes. I hummed and got up from the chair, taking my coat and gazing out at the forest behind the mansion. No snowfall anymore, what a shame.

However, I still grabbed a muffler and stuffed it into a paper bag with my somewhat similar sketches of the monster. A part of my brain still gets triggered by the way jungkook said he didn't see a monster when he perhaps actually did or just forgot about it. I felt chilly just thinking about it and walked down the stairs.

I noticed Mr. Jeon making hasty phone calls and sweating in anxiety. "Hello there, dad. Good afternoon." My voice slightly echoes as his rapid and sharp actions come to a halt. "Oh, yeah. Good afternoon!" I was standing about twelve feet away from him, at the last stair. "You don't look that good."

I say as he half-heartedly smiles, Jesus Christ I've never seen him this way. "Yeah, some work. Where are you going by the way?" He asked as I fixed my glasses. "For some personal work." He Hums, I noticed his brow twitches, frequent painful scrunches and easygoing, frail voice. Quite opposite of what he is used to be.

"Where is Mrs. Jeon, by the way? Haven't seen her since yesterday." I asked,
He sighs, "She's sick, today. Don't worry she'll be fine."
I take two slow steps, "should I check on her?"
"No, it's fine y/n. She's sleeping anyway."
"Hmm. Alright. I'm getting late. Have a great day."

I say and walk forward and past him. Jeon's family is hiding something and now it doesn't feel like a subplot in a random Novel. It feels like a bad plot twist I'm afraid I do not want. Surprisingly, today was warm. When there was a light snowfall yesterday, it was really warm. It almost felt like early autumn in the wet orange leaves and moist air thickened with coherent fog.

Cloudy days that make you feel you're in a forever gloom of your past murders are the best weather for me. I stop for a moment and stare at the backyard entryway, blinking twice. I scoffed and walked out, crunching leaves under my boots.

I walk on the same streets, the same leaves, the same wetness and the same gloom and ache in my heart. I knocked on the door twice with my knuckles, and I gulped. 'Only giving birth to an accidental child does not make you a mother. You've to raise her, not keep her in lies the whole time.' She opened the door and then smiled brightly.

"Hello there! I haven't seen you in a while! Welcome!" She cheered as I climbed two stairs and stared at my wet boots and her knitted clean carpets. I sighed and removed them, walking barefoot on the soft, knits disguised as some flowery wool. "I was not doing okay." She served me coffee, "I called your friend, and he told me you got into an accident. Are you fine now?"

She held my hand softly as I yanked it away, "no need." I murmured as she made an embarrassed face. "I'm sorry." She whispered as I gulped. Blinking and then she stood up, "what do you want, this week?" Our voice is more professional than ever as I licked my lips. Roaming my eyes in her house to find something to buy.

"I didn't make much this month. And, whatever I did, I had to donate to a nearby charity to help homeless kids seek warmth with my knitted clothes." I looked at her face. Pale white, big shiny blue beautiful eyes, blonde curly hair. I really can't believe this woman gave birth to me, pulled me out of her womb, carried me and then gave me away just like that. "I guess I'm not buying anything today."

I said and tapped my nails on the wooden small table which had some knitting materials neatly organised in the corner. "Yes you're not but," she got on her knees and pulled something out of under the table. "You're not going empty-handed either." She smiled as I blinked, "what do you mean?"