He caught both helmets, then heard Su Shen sternly correcting him, "This is my wife, Gu Zi. Call her sister-in-law."

Fatty's eyes widened. Brother Shen got married again? Jin long was not a good friend. He did not tell him about such a big thing!

He was depressed about his lack of information but politely greeted her as sister-in-law, then led the two into the store. When Su Shen mentioned that this person was the owner of the shop, Gu Zi was surprised.

No wonder he looked so well-off! Fatty examined the helmets from all angles but couldn't detect any issues with it.

"Gu Zi doesn't like this color. Change it," Su Shen said. He didn't like it anymore.

Gu Zi looked up. She thought that he did not take the story she had told him just now to heart. She did not expect him to be so sincere and want to change the color so quickly.

If the motorcycle were green, would he have changed the entire vehicle?

The plump shopkeeper grinned knowingly. "Ah, Brother Shen is quite thoughtful and meticulous. I'll get to it right away."

...

Chapter 162: Mom

Gu Zi looked at Su Shen and then at the size of the shop. It was quite large.

The fact that the owner of such a big shop addressed Su Shen as "Brother" indicated that Su Shen was truly enigmatic!

However, what surprised Gu Zi even more was yet to come. After they got new helmets and paid the bill, they were about to leave when the fat shop owner called out to them.

He handed a red envelope to Gu Zi, saying, "This is my gift to my sister-in-law, wishing you both a happy marriage!"

When she opened it and saw the 250 yuan gift money inside, she did not know what to do.

Although she was happy to receive the money, wasn't 250 yuan too much as a token of blessing?

Su Shen saw that she was a little uneasy and said, "Since he gave it to you, just accept it. Don't worry about it."

Gu Zi nodded and kept the money. Then, the two of them went to the department store to buy some things before returning to Little Lin Village together.

At the Lin family's house, Li Hua was making pancakes for the three children in the kitchen.

When the pancakes were ready, Mrs. Lin brought them out to the dining room. At that moment, Su Shen and Gu Zi returned.

Su Bing and Su Li, upon seeing them carrying so many bags, quickly set down the pancakes and rushed over to help. Even little Lele scrambled to run to them.

Gu Zi picked up Su Le and sat down, while Su Shen placed the items he was carrying down. They were a bit hungry and joined the children to eat the pancakes.

The pancakes had some chopped green onions and minced meat, blended with the fragrance of the flour, making them quite delicious.

After everyone finished eating, Su Shen told Mrs. Lin that he would bring Gu Zi back to the Su family residence. Mrs. Lin didn't insist on them staying as she had long seen that Gu Zi's heart was already with the Su family.

When two people's hearts were connected, that was what made them a family. As long as they could visit frequently, Mrs. Lin would be content.

Su Shen first took the two sons and the belongings back to the Su family's house and then returned to pick up Gu Zi and Su Le.

As soon as Gu Zi returned home, she began busying herself with preparing dinner, and Su Shen came over to help.

Gu Zi asked him, "Have you noticed that Su Li hasn't been acting right today?"