006 , dead teacher

Start from the beginning

     Destiny scowled at Gabriel, glaring daggers with her eyes, "No one asked for your opinion."

     "I'm surprised you came," Asteria spoke up, before Destiny could find another reason to start a fight with Gabriel. "You don't seem like the type of guy to come to high school football games."

     Smiling, Gabriel replied, "You invited me did you not?"

     Rolling her eyes, she grumbled, "It was a suggestion, not an invitation. Besides, I only said that to you because I was tired and wanted you out of the house."

     "Of course," Gabriel nodded seriously. "But since I'm here, I might as well enjoy the show." Looking Asteria up and down, he smirked, "You look delicious."

     "Ew, stop. I don't need to be hearing this at all," Destiny cut in with a disgusted look on her face. "In fact, you shouldn't even be talking to my best friend. Now that I think about it, there's a bus I can get you on right now that'll take you to Charlottesville." Clapping her hands in delight she exclaimed, "Yes! That sounds like a grand plan doesn't it, Aster?"

     "You can't just remove someone from town because you don't like them, Dezzy," Asteria replied in amusement.

     Frowning, Destiny questioned with her hands on her hips, "Says who? I might not get along with my family but I'm still the mayor's daughter."

     "No, Dezzy," Asteria informed calmly, "We aren't doing that."

     "Boo!" Destiny pouted, "You're ruining my fun." Turning to look at Gabriel who was watching their interaction with amusement, she threatened, "If you even think about hurting my Aster, I will run you over with my car, stab you with a thousand needles, and cut off your limbs, one by one."

     Raising his hands in surrender, Gabriel reassured, "I have no intention of harming your Aster. I'm only here because I enjoy her company."

     Scoffing, Destiny turned around and placed a kiss on Asteria's cheek. "I'll head to where the others are and give you two a moment alone. Don't make me wait too long." She pointed at her eyes with two of her fingers before pointing it back at Gabriel and walked away.

     "Your friend is something else," Gabriel remarked as he focused his attention on Asteria.

     Smiling fondly, Asteria replied, "She means well. She's practically my sister at this point."

     Shaking his head, he reassured, "I didn't mean it in a bad way. It's sweet."

     "Sweet huh?" Asteria teased with one hand on her hip. "I never thought you'd be someone who'd continuously use that word."

     Asteria watched in fascination as Gabriel's lips curled up into a smile. "I'm usually not," Gabriel answered, combing his fingers through his hair, "There's just something about you that makes me want to say it whenever I'm in your presence."

     Asteria started laughing. "You couldn't be more wrong then. I am the furthest thing from being sweet."

     "You're sweet to me," Gabriel purred, staring at her in fascination.

     "Maybe you need to see a doctor," Asteria mused, looking way too amused. "If you think the way I've been interacting with you is sweet, then you, my dear, need to get a psychological examination."