021, 𝗔𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 (𝟴𝘅𝟬𝟭, 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗙𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴)

Start from the beginning

Cassie smiled as she looked to her. "Don't judge me. But last night, Mark and I kinda had sex. It was good and everything I remembered. But I don't know if I can be in a relationship again," she said.

Ellie grinned. "Cass. You're back together. Even if you don't admit it out loud, you're back together."

"I want to be a family for Rosie. But I just don't know. It's too much. And part of me is still hurting from the whole Callie thing."

Ellie knew how torn Cassie was. And she could only help and support her. Knowing it was her duty as best friend.

****

Cassie sat with the other residents in the cafeteria. April, who had been named chief resident, walked over. "Good morning. And uh, welcome to your final year of residency. Um... this breakfast is the one time when all the fifth years and the attendings will be in the same room. So, so use your time wisely, residents. Find a mentor. Ask questions. Get advice on your futures. And um, I see you're already chatting away. So that's... that's good. Just carry on," she said.

Cassie looked to Ellie and grinned. "I love April. I do. She's quirky. But I don't think she'll survive as chief resident. I wouldn't do it as I want more time with Rosie. I'm shocked you weren't considered," she said.

Ellie shook her head. "No I don't think I'd be able to boss anyone around. Plus I'd have Jackson on scut purely for being a bitch," she said.

"Why don't you just tell him how you feel?" Cassie asked with a grin as she ate her bagel.

Ellie rolled her eyes. "Go and suck my brother's cock," she said as she took a sip of her coffee.

"Speaking of my baby daddy. There he is. And there's Jackson. He's interested in plastics?" Cassie asked.

Ellie nodded. "Yeah. It's what he's been talking about lately. He says Mark is a great teacher," she told her.

"Oh wow. I didn't think Mark would want to teach anybody to be honest. He's not the teacher type," Cassie said with a shrug.

"Same."

****

Cassie was stood outside with the others. She looked up as Meredith walked out.

Cristina looked to her. "You know what? There's bound to be piles of head trauma. Derek's gonna have to talk to you," she told her.

Meredith had her eyes on Alex. "I got fired."

Cassie's eyes widened. She looked to Meredith. "Wait what?" She asked.

Meredith nodded. "The chief fired me."

Meredith still had her eyes fixed on Alex. Cristina started punching him. "You son of a bitch. I mean, are you happy now? 'Cause this is all because of you. You and your big fat, stupid mouth!" She yelled.

"Get off me. Get off!"

Bailey looked over to April. She wasn't impressed. "Kepner, control your people!" She called.

April ran over in an attempt to break them up. "Stop! Stop!"

"All your fault!"

Alex was trying to get Cristina off of him. He was having no luck. "Get off!"

"There's no hitting. No hitting. Would you stop right now?" April yelled.

Bailey grabbed Cristina's neck. Which made her let go of Alex.

Cristina grimaced in pain. "Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow."

Cassie watched as Alex ran over to the ambulance. "You going to the scene?" He asked.