04 - Organism 8008

<Avip: Warning that I had many problems with the grammar of this chapter.I need a beta reader for this story. If anyone is interested, please leave a comment or send me a message.>

"Dialogue"

'Thoughts'

"So this is my life now?"

At first, John Archer wasn't sure if he was up for the task.

John contemplates his mission as he walks through the plantation of black flowers and gray hay, bathed in artificial sunlight from the 9 meters (30 feet) fake morning sky.

[Image]

The target was Organism 8008, also known as Farm cow, this one has an intellect similar to humans and was capable of vocal communication

Once again, they didn't give him any vital information, as they wanted his interaction with the organisms to be 'authentic'.

"Geez." John murmured, gazing at the bizarre scene at the center of the black flower plantation.

He was astonished by what appeared to him to be a cyberpunk junkyard. After a line marked by silver rods sticking from the ground, the area is filled with discarded and broken technological items, scattered across the landscape. There are heaps of old computer parts, tangled wires and huge pieces of metal.

The place has a chaotic and dystopian vibe, with flickering neon lights illuminating the piles of discarded technology. It's a place where scavengers might search for salvageable tech among the debris.

When John crossed the line made by rods, the tips started blinking red and a loud siren echoed from all the junkyard.

WEE-OOH! WEE-OOH!WEE-OOH! WEE-OOH!

John put his hands to his ears to avoid hearing the loud noise, which distracted him from the large armored figure who came up behind him without making a sound.

"WHO ARE YOU?" Yelled the imposing armored figure with a robotic voice from its helmet. "What do you want?"

[Image]