I grab the bag with cookies and show them to him.

"Food, Young, not a snack. I'm talking about dinner." I frown, seeing that it's barely 4pm. The guy rolls his eyes at my confusion. "You'll like the food, I promise."

I manage to nod, still with a cookie in my mouth. My confusion doesn't go away, but Ian seems to want to go back to sleep, so I say nothing, returning to my books.

It's almost five thirty when we leave the library. I get my car keys out, but Ian snatches them from me. Not listening to my protests, he unlocks the car and opens the passenger door.

"It's not for nothing, Young, but your driving should be among the most dangerous things in the world. How did you get your license?" I roll my eyes.

I get into my car, letting Ian close the door behind me, and walk around to the driver's side.

"Two dates," I say, and the guy looks at me confused as he starts the car. "That's what the guy asked me for in exchange for my license."

The guy's laughter fills the car and touches something inside my chest.

"I know you don't like the way I dress, but this is already over the line." I cross my arms as I see the clothing store in front of me.

Ian turns and looks me up and down.

"When have I ever said I don't like it?" My eyebrow raises. He rolls his eyes, taking my elbow and pulling me in. "Dinner is kind of formal, and since I'm sure you don't want anyone to know where you live," he says with a slight sideways smile. "The least I can do is buy you something so you don't feel out of place."

I shake off his grip and face him. Ian looks down at me.

"Why can't we go eat somewhere where I don't need to change?" A smirk appears on his lips. He opens his mouth to explain to me but runs his fingers through his hair.

"You can choose whatever you want, ok? "His seriousness at my smile tells me he knows, well, those were the worst words he could say.

I take Ian's hand as I step out of my car, looking at the fancy restaurant in front of him. He looks me up and down, seeing the beautiful black dress, pauses at my exposed collarbone, and as if remembering the price, his jaw tenses as my smile grows bigger.

I can't help but look back at him, he's changed completely. His neatly pressed suit tells me he knew where his night would end, maybe he just didn't know I'd be joining in.

"Let's go."

The gentleman in the suit doesn't stop us, he just nods to Ian and calls someone over with a wave of his hand to lead us to the table.

To my surprise, Ian overstepped the boundary of personal space, gently placing his hand on my back, guiding me to the back of the restaurant.

"If all goes well, it won't last long," he mumbles, not noticing that everyone is too deep in their own conversations to hear us.

"Why do I feel like we're going to an execution?" I say ,half-jokingly, swallowing hard after nervousness at the sight of his tense jaw, tension not caused by the price of my dress, of that I'm sure.

"Ian," a woman's voice makes the guy stop. I look at his face before I see the beautiful lady in front of us.

Her red lips, the same color as her amazing dress, stand out, as if it sparkles as much as the huge diamond on her finger.

"My dear son, how good it is to see you." My mouth drops open a little in complete disbelief at the sight of Ian and the female version of him.

Ian's Outfit