Ch.10 Gone

Chapter 10

Shen Yue lay in bed thinking for a full two minutes but still could not figure out what exactly had gone wrong in her life to land her on a reality show.

So she gave up thinking and started playing by herself.

At 9am, several people carrying equipment were let into the Shen house after going through a series of checks. The butler led them to Shen Yue's room and pointed out her bedroom.

Shen Yue was neatly dressed...lying in bed asleep while the suitcase next to her was open but empty.

The crew was not too surprised seeing this. After all, they had filmed many reality shows and the more unruly and disobedient the cast members behaved, the more dramatic moments they could create for the show.

Now, they had to wake her up first.

"Miss Shen Yue?"

Shen Yue was already wearing comfortable athletic clothes with an adorable hat with little ears on her head.

But her proper attire did not equate to proper manners. She curled up into a ball, oblivious to the commotion brought in by the crew.

The show "On the Road to Rome" was broadcasted live with post-production editing. After Shen Yue's livestream channel was opened, curious viewers already clicked in to watch.

[Wow, this girl is still sleeping while the family next door is busily packing up.]

[You say she's sleeping, but she's already dressed. If you say she's awake, she's ignoring all this noise.]

[The parents don't even try to get her up. It's already 9am!]

[Pay attention everyone. This is a princess' bedroom. Watch what you say. She's not some celebrity you can bash around.]

Shen Yue was still unaware that the audience already disliked her attitude and felt she was being pretentious and not taking the show seriously.

There was nothing she could do. Who could resist continuing a dream where you get to enjoy crab and egg fried pancakes with the prison boss lady? If the dream wasn't finished, it would be fine, but since it was still going, she didn't want to wake up yet.

Shen Yichen was "busy" but kept the livestream open to see Shen Yue curled up in the teddy bear pajamas he left her in, dead asleep despite the show crew calling her name several times.

The sporadic barrage of comments in the livestream were all criticizing Shen Yue for being ill-mannered, courting fame, and not taking the show seriously.

Shen Yichen ignored the comments and called the butler directly, "Where are mom and dad?"

He had specifically instructed his mother to check on Shen Yue again at 8:30am to see if she had started packing.

"Master and Madam left at 8:17am."

Shen Yichen: ...

Unexpected yet reasonable.

From the day he told those two that he would take over Shen Yue's upbringing, he should have expected this outcome.

"That's great Yichen, we can rest easy with Yueyue's education in your hands. You're our most outstanding child."

Gaining the authority to discipline Shen Yue took no effort whatsoever.

After all, it wasn't the first time his parents had done this.

His parents were impeccable in their character, careers, and conduct, but as parents, they were extremely unreliable.

Oh well.