Eating and Sleeping Is Life.

Chapter 8

Shang Junyu did not answer immediately, but looked at Shen Yue first. He knew that no matter what he did, Shen Yue would help protect him, because Shen Yue liked him. What's more, Shen Yue owed him this.

He liked seeing Shen Yue suffer because of him. This was the price Shen Yue had to pay for forcing him to stay by her side.

But to Shang Junyu's surprise, this time Shen Yue remained silent. She did not try to take the blame for him like before. She did not even look at him or show any expression, as if everything happening around her was unrelated.

Come to think of it, Shen Yue's brother did say earlier that after Shen Yue came home from school, she hadn't said a word.

But Shang Junyu always felt he occupied a special place in Shen Yue's heart. No matter how aloof she was with others, she would never let go of him. So he did not answer and just waited for Shen Yue to make excuses for him.

Anyway, if Shen Yue didn't help him and he got punished, she would feel even worse than him.

Shen Yichen had seen his share of ups and downs in life. With one glance, he could discern Shang Junyu's thoughts. This further strengthened his resolve to completely remove the Shang family from Shen Yue's life.

The Shang family had already benefited too much from the Shen family and had developed a sense of entitlement without proper boundaries.

He pulled Shen Yue behind him, shielding her completely, and spoke bluntly to Shang Junyu, "Don't look at Shen Yue. I'm talking to you."

At this moment, Shang Junyu's parents came up obsequiously. They knew Shen Yichen was now the one in charge of the Shen Corporation. Their tone became more cautious as they said, "Young Master Shen, could there be some misunderstanding here? We know our Junyu is not good at expressing himself, but deep down he genuinely cares for little sister Yue. Isn't that right, Junyu? If there is any misunderstanding, please explain it clearly to Young Master Shen."

Shang Junyu looked over at Shen Yue again instinctively, but she was blocked from his view by Shen Yichen's protective stance.

This was the first time since Shen Yue had "latched onto" him that Shang Junyu found himself in such a predicament.

He knew Shen Yue's parents were much more powerful than his own parents. He knew he needed Shen Yue's favor to maintain his current lifestyle. He also knew the things he did were wrong. But Shen Yue always forgave him, so over time he started feeling he was in the right.

Now faced with Shen Yichen's questioning, he did not dare to answer.

Seeing him remain silent, Shang Junyu's anxious parents grabbed his wrist tightly as if threatening him. "Hurry and answer Young Master Shen. It's very rude of you not to."

But Shang Junyu still did not speak. Losing patience, his father slapped him hard across the face. "You monster! How could I raise a child like you? Tell me, are those allegations true? You've committed a grave sin! Kneel down now. I'm going to beat you to death!"

Shen Bin rubbed his aching forehead and stopped Shang's father. He walked up to Shang Junyu and asked in a deep voice, "Shang Junyu, as a man you should have the courage to own up to your actions. I always thought you were a good kid, which is why I allowed Yue to get so close to you. I'll ask you once more - did you do those things?"

Although Shen Bin had withdrawn from his high position, when he was serious, he still exuded an awe-inspiring aura that suffocated people.

Shang Junyu had never experienced anything like this. Usually when his parents scolded him, it was just physical pain. But now facing Shen Bin, he felt true fear from the depths of his heart for the first time.