-5- ʀɪɴᴅʏ

A/n: This is purely Carol's POV.
     This chapter is basically going to be about Carol and Rindy spending time together, because like they're so cute. And Rindy is so precious <3

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

I woke up to my head banging like a drum the hangover was really doing it's wonders on me.
I groaned getting out of bed stretching as I got out of it. Heading to the powder room to shower.

Once situated and dressed I went to go wake Therese, knocking before entering as I wanted to respect her privacy.

"Therese?" I whispered.

"Hmm?" She mumbled as of a response, nestling her head into the silk sheets.— "Are you up?" I pondered.

"I am now.... What time is it?" She muttered not moving a limb.

I raised my wrist to peek at my watch lowering it back down once having a glimpse of the time "It's 6:30, we slept for three hours" Informing her with the information she dreaded for.

"Okay..." She mumbled with a raspy voice. Not even a few seconds she jumped from the mattress "6:30?! Shoot, I'm gonna be late!" She shouted.

Removing herself from the sheets I turned away seeing that she was only in her bra and underwear.
          "I can give you a ride home and to work, it'll save you time so you can shower and be on time". Feeling the door open I turned back meeting Therese's eyes.

"That would be wonderful, thank you so much" She sighed deeply.

........

"So do you have somewhere to be today?"  Therese directed towards me.—
"Huh? Oh, I'm getting Rindy for today. Harge is 'allowing' me to have an alone day with her.
          I might take her out for ice cream or anything she wants really..." Switching my eyes back and forth between her and the road, a huge smile plastered on my face.

"That's nice. I'm glad you're getting to see her today, I can sense it means a ton for you" She smiled back. The car came to a stop and Therese got out, leaning down "I'll be down in ten minutes tops" She claimed.— "No worries, take your time" I reassured her.

She smiled then closed the door before entering her apartment building.
           Ten minutes passed and she was back in new clothes and well put together I must add.
              Driving her to her place of work "Thank you so much for the ride Carol... I had fun last night"— "Of course, anytime" I smiled.

"We should do it again some day" She countered.

"Oh absolutely" I laughed.— "Okay okay. Enough chitchatting I have work and you have Rindy to go see. Have fun, and tell me all about it tomorrow!" She shouted, before she closed the door I saluted her and watched as she went inside before I had driven off.

........

"Mommy!" Rindy shouted seeing me get out of my personal vehicle.

I threw my arms out picking her up twirling both of us around, bringing a hand to her soft brunette hair I leaned in pampering her face with a abundance of kisses. Her little giggles filling my heart with more love and joy reserved for her.

"Hi baby, I've missed you so so much! And look at you, you're getting so big!" I exclaimed.— "You ready to have some fun?!" I stated tickling her stomach which earned me a few 'stop it's' and giggles. "I am!" Rindy laughed.
"Okay let's go say bye to daddy and that'll you'll see him later on tonight. Yeah?"

I put her down and she ran to Harge who was standing at the steps, I was following right behind her. He gave her many hugs and kisses. Then sent her back off to me, I gave a small sarcastic smile "Thank you for allowing me to spend the day with Rindy, Harge" I uttered a little bit bittersweet.
"Of course, I guess it's a small way to make amends..." He smiled, I hummed along with a nod following behind it.

"I'll bring her back at ten thirty"— "That's reasonable..." He sighed.

"Alright I'll uh... I'll see you then". Turning away I took Rindy's hand and lead her to the car, buckling her into the backseat before I had situated myself and drove off the estate.
"Alright! Where to first?!" I cheered peering into the review mirror to see her with a thinking face on.

"Ice cream!" She raised her hands in the air shouting.— I laughed to myself because that was the first place I was going to take her anyways; hence of what I told Therese before dropping her off.
It was a good twenty minute drive until I parked my car and heading to the ice cream parlour. The doorbell dinged when we entered the shop, the fruitiness air flowing through my nostrils.

"Welcome to Miraculous Mike's, where our scoop is your command. What can I get ya?"
That's one enthusiastic greeting, which tells me I've picked the perfect spot for the first evening destination.

"Tell the kind gentleman what you want hun" Tugging at Rindy's arm softly, she quickly let go and pushed her face against the cold glass looking at all the delectable flavours that was displayed. I snickered quietly.

"I want the green one with the brown drops, with a ton of sprinkles" She cheered.— "One mint chocolate chip with sprinkles coming up!" I pointed to the smaller cup, taking the hint he grabbed the cup and began scooping the frozen mint custard up letting it drop into it's new home.
"And what for you ma'am" The worker's New York accent coming out thicker than when it was previously. I peered over the counter observing every flavour.

I settled on butter pecan once everything was collected and payed for, me and Rindy went over to a booth to sit down at and eat.
"Mmm, this is so delicious" She hummed her little voice making the most adorable high tuned melody.

"Can mommy try?" I asked. She nodded and took the tiny spoon that was given to her, scooping some up and leaning over the table.
She did the airplane method and I couldn't help but laugh once the iced custard found a new destination "Mhmm, that is delicious. Want some of mines?"

She instantly opened her mouth and I scooped some up feeding it to her. "That's so good!" She stated dragging out the good.
              I nodded in agreement, the rest of the evening went well.

........

The even was so divine. And I was satisfied, that it was perfect. To hear the laughs and giggles from my daughter's vocals, blessed my heart. The day ended rather fast then what I had wanted. But as promised— Rindy was home by the designated time, and I... well...
Was alone once again, in my apartment. Only a bottle of wine to succumb my emotions, an emotion that left me in a pit of emptiness.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
A/n: I started this like two months ago, and just now. Am I finishing it lol.

I hope you enjoyed this...

A/n: New chapters are in the process of being written, thank you for being patience. More will be with you shortly.