3: Big Shoes to Fill

Jon was in a hurry as he flew in supersonic speeds breaking the sound barrier leaving behind multiple shockwaves. He flew towards the location his mother gave to him and saw the Pentagon.

Jon: "The Pentagon?"

He flew down and landed with a crash cracking the pavement. Multiple soldiers aimed their guns at him as he marched towards the entrance but was stopped by the soldiers.

Jon: "Is my dad here?!"

The soldiers only aimed at him and only made him angry. His eyes glowed red and was ready to burn the soldiers into ash.

Cecil: "Stop, let him in."

The Director of GDA walked towards the Viltrumite/Kryptonian hybrid as everyone lowered their weapons. Jon's eyes died down as stared down the Director.

Cecil: "Long time no see kid. I'm Cecil Stedman, Director of GDA."

Jon: "Do I know you?"

Cecil: "Probably not. You were still a baby when Nolan found you. Let's go. You mother and brother are waiting. Before that, you should probably change."

Jon looked down and saw that his clothes were ripped.

Cecil: "Follow me."

Jon followed Cecil inside the Pentagon as he changed his damaged clothes with new ones. His wounds and bruises already healed by the time he arrived. Cecil led him towards where Nolan is resting as the two went inside the room to see Debbie sitting next to an unconscious Nolan.

Jon: "Mom."

Debbie stood up and hugged her eldest son as Jon comforted his mother. Jon then turned to Cecil with a serious expression.

Jon: "What happened?"

Cecil: "Him and the Guardians got attacked at their base. Nolan's the only one who survived."

Jon: "The Guardians?"

Debbie: "...They didn't make it."

Cecil: "We still don't know who did it since the cameras suddenly didn't work but whoever did, is strong enough to kill the Guardians and hurt your father."

Jon: "This isn't good."

Cecil: "That's why I want you and your brother to watch over the city until your father wakes up."

Jon: *nodded* "Don't worry sir. You can count on me. Where's Mark by the way?"

Debbie: "He went out-"

Cecil's radio then went off as Donald called.

Donald: "Sir! There's some kind of attack happening downtown, it seems. Numerous contacts. Heavy weaponry. Multiple casualties. Invincible is already there and he can't handle all of them. We are short on the hero department."

Debbie turned to his son who nodded and disappeared in a burst of speed. He went home and grabbed his suit before quickly changing and blasted himself towards the city. He saw green aliens walking out of a portal and starts to shoot innocent people using their blaster.

He then saw Mark being surrounded by multiple aliens aiming their blasters at him and an injured old woman. With a roar, Jon flew towards the aliens and body slammed them making them go fly a few distance. Jon landed beside Mark as Mark looked up to his brother.

Jon: "Mark go!"

Mark nodded and flew.away with the injured lady as Jon turned towards the aliens with glowing red eyes. He felt his body start to heat up as his Viltrumite blood boiled in excitement.