Chapter I Trial by Ordeal

The galaxy is at peace, ruled by the glorious Republic and protected by the noble and wise Jedi Knights.. As a symbol of all that is good, the Republic is about to launch Starlight Beacon into the far reaches of the Outer Rim.. This new space station will serve as a ray of hope for all to see.. But just as a magnificent renaissance spread throughout the Republic, so does a frightening new adversary.. Now the gardens of peace and justice must face a threat to themselves, the galaxy and the Force itself.....

"Run!" Jade yelled to Jocasta and the younglings as they entered the cave.. "Don't touch anything!" Jade yelled to them.. "Why?" Katooni asked as she ran with Jade and Saw.. "Just don't!" Jade said to her.. "Here, come in here." Genodi yelled as she ran into the grotto inside the cave.. "No!" Jade yelled at them, but they all were inside, before she had a chance to stop them.. "Come on Jade, you are tired, we can rest in there." Saw said to her.. "FIne!" Jade said entering the cave that her and Obi-Wan had, when she travelled back in time with him... They were back on Naboo, running from some rogue troopers.. "It's so dark in here, I wish I had my lightsaber." Katooni said to Jade as she touched the wall.. "I know, but I am sure those Troopers will be gone soon.. Then we can go out into the light again." Saw said to the young ones.. "You are becoming a very good Daddy." Jade said with a giggle.. "Jade..." Jocasta said to her.. "Hmmm.. yes?" Jade asked as she watched Saw in the darkness.. Jocasta held up her light to the wall.. "What is that on the wall?" Jocasta asked.. Jade smiled at Saw and looked over at the wall.. She went pale.. "No! No, no, no, no, tell me no one touched the wall.." Jade said to them all.. No one spoke.. "Sorry." Katooni said with a smile for Jade.. She looked at Saw, with total despair... "What?" He asked her..

Jedi Padawan Keeve Tennis was meditating when she was befriended by a winged Ximpi, named Kanrii. As her Master Sskeer, a Trandoshan.. "Are you s-s-scared?" He asked her.. "There is no fear, only certainty." Keeve replied as they began to do battle with their lightsabers.. "There is also s-s-such a thing as rhetoric.. A Jedi does more than s-s-simply parrot ancient lore ---- a Jedi acts." Sskeer said to her as they did battle.. "Then why are we wasting my time here, I should be preparing to take my trials.." Keeve said to him... "Come." Sskeer said..

He brought her to a place called the Needles.. They were a group of stone pillars.. "Many have tried to climb the needles.. At the top of one of those needles, I have placed a Tythonian pendant.." Seeker said to her.. "I thought you said no one had climbed to the top?" Keeve asked.. "I said many have failed. You are to choose a needle and retrieve the pedant.. You will not fail, not give up, until it is in your grasp." Sskeer said to her.. Keeve looked up at them, they were so tall.. "There is no fear, only certainty.." Keeve said to herself..

"Jade, where are we?" Jocasta asked her.. "In the High Republic era.. Or at least I think that is right." Jade said to her.. "The.. what?" Jocasta asked in shock.. "You have gotta be kidding me?" Saw said to her.. "Open the door Katooni." Jade said to her.. She opened the door and looked outside.. "Looks the same as it did on the way in.. ............ Oh no there is one problem!" Katooni said.. Jade and Saw run to the entrance with their blasters out.. Jade shoved Katooni back into the cave.. She was laughing.. "What are you laughing at!" Jade asked.. "There are no Clone troopers out there." Katooni said with a giggle.. "Where did they go?" Zatt asked.. "They are not even a thought yet Zatt!" Jade said with a sigh.. "Jade, you came back?" Bell asked her when he saw her standing in the doorway.. "Hello Bell." Jade said as he walked over to her and took her in his arms.. "I missed you so much when you left, I am so glad you came back." He said as he kissed and hugged her.. While Saw pulled his blaster on him.. Bell stood back.. "Not the same Jade?" Bell asked.. "No..Jade said with a smile.. "So you must be Hayden?" Bell said to Saw.. "Wrong again.. I am her husband, Saw Gerrera!" Saw said with anger.. "Oh.." Bell said, stepping back from Saw..