Issue #58 - Familial Reunion

Mulai dari awal

Ehehehe~

Another slash and another dead, blood spraying from their neck in a beautiful arc. They collapsed to the ground, creating another crimson puddle that was starting to become a sea within this facility.

It was when we entered the top floor, after clearing the others, that trouble struck.

Kasai had dashed forward, unsheathing her blade in a quick motion and cutting a guard in half. The other brought up their gun, only for it be knocked away by the hilt of her weapon. With a quick slash the second one fell.

I watched her wondrous form as I murdered another guard, sending his blood splattering against the wall.

And then a door fell.

To explain, a strong, metal door slammed down inbetween us from the ceiling. We must've been in a high security area for that to be here. And unfortunately for us, it cut us off.

I heard Kasai's muffled voice from behind the door, barely able to understand it. I tried to communicate back, but it was quite difficult.

How FRUSTRATING.

Whoever activated this metal door, I have a special entry to death reserved especially for you~!

Well, if I remember the layout correctly from what Kasai told me, then we should be able to loop around the hallways and run into each other again before reaching the largest research lab.

Well, best start-!

Only for me to turn around and see a familiar face. Or I guess to be more accurate, the top half of a face, since he wore a black mask that covered the lower half.

"Nightshade." I greeted. "Not a bad alias, Alex."

"I don't go use that name anymore, Eleanor." He replied. "You know what I'm here for."

"Yes. Yes I do." I chuckled. "And I'm going to make sure you're DEAD for trying to bring me back to him."

"After all..." I twirled my umbrella with a twisted grin. "...isn't death a kinder fate than being a brainwashed pawn?"

A low growl emanated from him as he pulled out a knife and quickly rushed me. I swung straight for his neck, missing as he moved out of the way for a stab to my stomach.

I twisted my body out of the way, stabbing my umbrella into the ground and quickly readjusting the direction of my momentum.

I sent a high kick which he caught with his free hand, only for me to jump up and lift my other leg into the air as well. With a mid-air spin I generated enough power to kick his arm and get him to release me before he could use his knife.

I landed on my palms, quickly pushing myself away as he swiped with the knife. He threw the knife at me, only for me to catch it mid-air and redirect it into the wall.

I landed back onto the ground, grabbing my umbrella and giving a mock bow. After all, wasn't that just a wondrous performance~?

"I've always hated your gymnastics." He growled.

He continued to rush me as he pulled out a second knife, dual-wielding them and not giving me a chance to retaliate without getting hit. It wasn't until he continued pushing me back that I realized what he was doing.

He was cornering me. Dangerous enough by itself, and that's without considering his special power-!

A shadow hand burst from behind me. I contorted my body, avoiding both his strike and the shadow hand. However, this put me horribly off balance, allowing a second shadow hand to grab my arm.