୨⎯ "seven " ⎯୧

Start from the beginning

"Thanks," Hyunjin expressed with a nod of gratitude. He reached for a water bottle on the nearby desk, swiftly opening the lid and taking a sizable gulp, replenishing himself after the amazing performance. The backstage interactions revealed a more casual side to the dynamic between the manager and the member

Another manager joined us, diverting our attention. "Good job, guys. We did well. How about a celebratory meal tonight to mark the success of today?" The suggestion hung in the air, and the prospect of a post-concert celebration added an extra layer of excitement to the backstage atmosphere

In unanimous agreement, we headed to a nearby Japanese restaurant. Seated together at a large table, we raised our glasses in a collective toast, taking sips of soju. Laughter and camaraderie filled the air as the celebration unfolded, marking the success of the concert and strengthening the bonds within the team.

As the night unfolded with hours of conversation and drinks, the gathering eventually came to an end. We said our goodbyes outside the restaurant, and in the aftermath of the festivities, I found myself standing alone, feeling quite intoxicated from the drinks consumed during the celebratory evening.

Hyunjin, seemingly less affected by the drinks, walked over and stood beside me, hands in his pockets.

"Are you okay, y/n?" he inquired, glancing at my clearly intoxicated state with a concerned expression. The genuine care in his question cut through the alcohol-induced haze.

"What? I'm fine," I insisted, the redness from the drinks evident on my face.

Attempting to gesture to lead him back to the hotel, I was suddenly impacted by the wobbliness of my walk, a clear sign that the drinks had taken their toll.

He sighed before quickly catching up to me. Without hesitation, he allowed my arms to wrap around his shoulders, stabilizing my balance. I could feel my face heating up, and the sound of his steady breathing added a comforting rhythm to the moment.

Guiding me back to the hotel room, he unlocked the door and settled me on the bed. Looking at me, he sighed in relief, perhaps glad that we made it back safely. The room became a sanctuary from the lively night, and a sense of gratitude washed over the moment.

"You can just stay here on the bed tonight since it's the last day," he suggested. My intoxicated mind struggled to process the situation, but without much thought, I got onto the bed, laid down, and drifted into sleep almost instantly, surrendering to the effects of the celebratory night.

He sighed, chuckling softly in the quiet room, before turning off the lights. The events after that blurred as I fell into a deep sleep, oblivious to what unfolded in the peaceful stillness of the night.

Waking up from sleep, I became aware of an unusual position. Quickly opening my eyes, I gasped, realizing that Hyunjin was sleeping beside me, his eyes closed, and his hair slightly tousled. The unexpected scenario left me momentarily stunned as I tried to piece together the events that led to us sharing the same bed.

The situation took an even stranger turn as I noticed his hands wrapped around my waist. My expression froze in shock, trying to comprehend the unexpected closeness between us. The memory of the celebratory night felt hazy, and I grappled with the realization of waking up next to Hyunjin.

Carefully pulling his hands away, I turned to the other side, only to be startled by the time displayed on my phone. Shock set in as I discovered multiple missed calls and messages, indicating we were running late for the airport.

Panicking, I hurriedly stood up, clearing my throat and tapping Hyunjin's shoulders in an attempt to wake him, the urgency of the situation sinking in.

Hyunjin's eyes opened in confusion, still in the haze of sleep. "What? What happened?" he asked, his morning voice mixed with a yawn.

"We're late for the airport back to Korea. Let's quickly pack right now," I urgently responded, walking over to my suitcase to hastily gather my belongings. The realization of our tardiness added a sense of urgency to the already unexpected morning.

Acknowledging the urgency, Hyunjin got off the bed and headed to the bathroom for a quick clean-up. Afterward, he swiftly packed his belongings, selecting something comfortable yet fashionable for the journey back to the airport. The morning rush added a layer of chaos to the otherwise unexpected start to the day.

"Let's head out now," I said, grabbing the hotel room cards as we left the room. As we descended, other members, surprised to finally see us, gathered around Hyunjin, their expressions a mix of curiosity and amusement at our abrupt appearance. The unexpected morning rush seemed to have stirred some excitement among the group.

Heading towards the van, Hyunjin engaged in a conversation with the other members while I sat in silence, my mind still processing the events of the morning when I woke up next to him. The drive to the airport became a quiet introspection amid the lingering echoes of the unexpected night and morning.