PROLOGUE

A/N: I was listening with Arctic Monkeys while writing this part and it was the best feeling! I highly recommend to you guys to do the same thing.

And WELCOME to the second cour of St. Death High! I originally planned to update this once I'm done with Averian University but here I am... breaking my own plans so enjoy reading!

Ps. Kindly support this story as well and vote, mina. The updates here will not be regular though since I'm still working on finishing my other story. In case you haven't check Averian University yet, do read it while waiting for this one to update. Arigathanks!

--

Introduction

THE SKIES ARE dark and the sun was hidden beneath the clouds. The wind blows followed by light drops of rain.  Despite the weather... people wearing all-black attire still gathered.

Some, attended because they had to. Some, showed sympathy to show off. And some genuinely wanted to express their compassion for the mourners.

Among the crowd, there's one person who stood out.

"Now grant rest, O Lord, to the souls of your departed servants, in a place of light, joy, and peace where there is no pain, sorrow, nor mourning."

The man who everybody wanted to impress walked on the path towards the direction of the main event. He's late. But nobody really cares to point it out.

Drenched in rain water, he stood up next to the priest with a bouquet of blue and white roses on his right hand that was stained with blood.

"As a good and loving God, forgive every sin committed by them in word, deed, or thought, since there is no one who lives and does not sin."

The man stared blanky on the ivory-white coffin in front of him. A woman came into the picture and bravely stand behind the dangerous man to cover him with an umbrella.

"Mahirap talagang malaman kung kailan kakatok sa iyong pinto ang kamatayan. You'll be surprised one day, you are already dead." Says an old man from the crowd and 'tsk'ed while listening to the mass. The old woman who's sitting with him chuckled.

"It's already cruel that her life was taken away at such a young age but it's brutal for her loved ones not care... What a tragic story." she mocked.

"Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May she rest in peace."

"Watch your language, Lourdes..." The old man---Fernan warned.

"Why? We're old. Dying won't be such a bad thing..."

"Death is not something you should joke about, amiga." Another old woman interfered.

"May almighty God bless us with his peace and strength, the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit."

"I know... I know..." The Lourdes chuckled again. "I won't joke about it anymore, Fernan... Amiga. But look how destinity works. I cannot count anymore how many funerals I have attended despite living in danger. In this old age, I am sure lucky!"

"Like the seed buried in the ground, you have produced the harvest of eternal life for us; make us always dead to sin and alive to God. Amen."

"Shut up your filthy mouth, old hag if you don't want us to attend your funeral next." Said another man who came into the picture, without any emotion and proceed to walk on the first row of the crowd where the family of the deseased are watching.

The man who threatened the old woman was Itozz.

Just like the rest, he's wearing an all-black attire and is holding a black umbrella to cover himself from the rain.

"I never thought that between the two of us... I will be the one who will stand in this position one day..." Itozz muttered under his breath and threw the flower on top of the ivory-white coffin. He then, looked at the person next to him who is surprisingly bringing a blue rose on a funeral. "Are you not gonna throw those yet?" he asked.

Zadreth, the man who everybody wants to please did not throw him a glance. Itozz cannot help but sigh.

"I am not gonna mourn over an empty coffin..." Pagkuwan ay sagot nito and threw the bouquet of flowers anyway.

Itozz shook his head in disbelief and then chuckled, unable to understand what Zadreth said. Still... he did not comment and just watched the coffin disappears as it is continuesly being covered by flowers then dirt, completely being burried.

People who attended started to disperse later. Kasabay noon ay ang pagtila ng ulan. The mourners stayed for a little while before leaving and soon, Itozz left as well. The only person who stayed behind is Zadreth.

Ang babaeng naglakas ng loob upang payungan siya kanina ay umalis na rin ng dahil sa utos nito.

He has no absolute idea why he stayed despite everyone leaving. He knew to himself that the coffin buried 6 feet underneath the ground was empty and yet he cannot help but to stare where it was buried.

He's not sad nor angry when he should be. And that's making him more confuse.

Eventually, he fished out something from his pocket. A cigarette case and a lighter. He dislikes the smell of cigarette before but these passed few months, he found comfort on using them even if he knew that the effect was his mind making it up.

He will smoke anyway despite that thought.

He naturally opened the tin cigarette case, pulled out a stick, stuck the butt in between his lips and light it up with the lighter before putting his stuff back inside his pocket.

The first puff of smoke is the most satisfying part of smoking...

He watched the smoke slowly dances and disappear in the thin air. It clears his mind when he cannot think. After a couple of puffs, he looked on the marbled stone where the name of the deseased woman was engraved.

The name was engraved sofisticatedly and painted in real gold dust.

"Your mistaken if you think I came here to mourn for you." Finally, after some time, he was able to say something. "I will find you." He blew another smoke from his cigarrete. "No. Scratch that. I will hunt you. Wherever the fuck you are. Be that you are here or if you are in hell, I will follow you. Death... was never an option to escape from me."

Zadreth threw the cigarette butt on the marbled stone and stepped on it to put it out. After that, he gave the marbled stone one final glance.

"I will chase you, Nightmare." with that, he left.