I walked into the house.

I'm still not used to the huge living room windows.

I breathe, smelling everything. The new sofas, the still-plastered chairs, the kitchen without a grain of rice, and the empty jars of cleaning products after an exhaustive cleaning.

The house was not dirty when I arrived. But something was there. Something that smelled like him.

I drop my heels on the floor of the guest room, the only room on the second floor I've dared to open since I arrived two days ago.

I look at the picture on my nightstand. The picture of my mother was taken long before the illness came.

I open the desk drawer, knowing full well what I will find but still relieved at its presence.

My fingers run over the hard surface, somehow calming me.

As calm as a gun can bring you.

I cursed, leaving the house and running to the stupidly large car before realizing I didn't have a damn pen for my classes.

I get in the car and drive to the university.

My white fuzzy boots are like clouds after yesterday, when my feet were tortured. I pull on my black tie and get out of the car, just as the clock strikes 9:30. I walk to my classroom as fast as I can and apologize to the teacher before heading towards the last free seat.

My steps stop a little as I feel a look of disbelief.

"Why do your shoes have hair on them?"

I look at him with my mouth open, sit down next to him, and leave my purse with only my cell phone in it.

"You're really talking to me?" Ian's eyebrow raises, and when a smirk appears on my lips, he rolls his eyes.

"Is there a reason I can't talk to you?" His tone is dry, as if it's torture to talk to me.

"You didn't seem so inclined to want to yesterday." I say, glancing to my side to see who can lend me paper and a damn pen.

I listen as someone rips paper next to me. A badly cut sheet of paper and a pen that seems to be crying about being thrown in the trash land on my desk.

My surprise is complete when I turn to see the black-haired guy next to me.

"Don't even think it's free, you'll take notes, and I'll go to sleep," he says, burying his head in his arms.

I frown but smile sideways, taking down everything the professor says.

The teacher ends his class, and I almost scream with fright when the guy next to me gets up from his seat.

He turns to look at me from above and looks at the sheet he has given me. He looked minimally impressed by my notes before crumpling the paper and stuffing it in his pocket before leaving the class.

I sigh, grab my purse and start to follow him.

I bump into several people as I pass, my lack of heels making my five-foot six not very visible.

I grab my phone as a message comes in, and I'm about to answer it when my forehead collides with his back.

I groan as my phone drops.

"Why do you stop out of nowhere?" I say, crouching down carefully, trying not to let anything show through my little gray skirt.

"Why are you following me?" he asks, bored.

I look at Ian angrily, not really wanting to explain myself to him.

"Ash told me to meet him. I came late and couldn't see him in the morning," I say, and he raises an eyebrow as if to say it has to do with him. "He told me if I followed you, I was going to find him."

My smile grows as his eyes fill with annoyance.

He opens his mouth, wanting to insult me, most likely, but only sighs. He grabs my phone, unsurprised that the open conversation is Ash's, and types something quick before shoving my phone in his bag and starting to walk away.

I groan again, noticing how he walks faster. Having such long legs, he walks almost triple the walk compared to my legs.

Fuck.

I arrived almost panting at the tables near the soccer field, and we walked almost the entire campus. Ian smirks, pulling my cell phone out of his bag and holding it in front of me as Ash walks up to us and Oli and Luna sit down, the latter with mockery in her eyes.

"I thought the message was weird already," says Ash, taking my cell phone and tapping Ian's shoulder a little.

The black-haired guy shrugs and walks over to Oli's table.

"Are you okay?" he asks with a small smile. I frown as I see amusement in his eyes.

I take a couple more breaths before straightening up.

"I'm not very athletic." I replied with a smile.

I grab my cell phone, opening the chat to see the message, as I feel Ash look at me from head to toe, perhaps a little surprised by my true height.

If it bothers him, or he likes it, he doesn't say anything.

He puts his hand on my waist, guiding me towards the table.

I raise my eyes, unable to keep from planting my fist on Ian's shoulder.

Everyone at the table falls silent. The black-haired man was more amused than surprised.

"My height is completely normal, and so are my shoes," I say before sitting where Ash indicates.

Ian's low chuckle gets everyone at the table talking again, throwing me a few curious glances.

Ash sits down next to me, not taking his hand off my back. I turn to my side and freeze a little, seeing Oli. His smell hits me like a truck. The whole damn house smelled like it.

Oli smiles at me, but I just look away. My heart starts pounding, and my mouth is completely dry.

"Hey!" Ian's voice catches my attention, and his brow furrows in annoyance.

I look at Ash and realize he's been calling me for a while now—enough to bother Ian to call him himself.

"Are you okay? Do you want something to eat? You look kind of pale." Luna turns to look at me, and Oli looks uncomfortable and doesn't look at me.

"I'm fine; I could eat something; I didn't have time to eat at home."

"Didn't have time to bring a notebook or pen on the first day of school either." The table chuckles, I look at Ian wrong, but he, again shrugs.

"Everything was okay when you got home? You didn't text me when you did." Ash's voice is lower, as if he wants no one to hear.

I take another breath, trying to focus on something other than Oliver's smell.

I gave him a gentle smile.

"I put my foot down at home and fell limp in bed." I say, getting the guy next to me to smile.

Sophia's Outfit