"what friends?" wesley asks odette causing her to point and look behind her, but not finding them. odette stuttered out,"oh i'm here with my friends, but i-i don't know where they went.." "well then you can stay here with us!" finny says before wrapping his arm around odette, pulling her into his side. "yeah stay with us," matt said giving me a smile. "oh but percy is probably gonna worry.. and probably annie and gr-"
odette was cut off by wesley, "who's percy? your boyfriend? i'm sure he won't mind, plus a hot girl like you can't be wandering by herself." odette just looked around hopping percy finds her.

"it's a monument to some other stuff too," grover says looking at the animal skulls sadly. "you're talking about what some humans want this place to be about, i'm talking about what it actually is," annabeth defended her mother. "whatever. we're all safe here right?" grover asks. "no monsters can enter. not even echidna so we're safe," annabeth nods. "great, well since our trai-" grover trailed off before scanning around the room. annabeth and percy gave him a look and percy asked, "what grover?" percy then turns around to look at odette, but didn't find her behind him. annabeth realized at the same time percy did and annabeth opened her mouth, "guys where is odette?" percy panicked as he talked, "she was literally right behind me! i-i swear, how did i not notice?" "we all need to split up and look for her now!" grover exclaims and annabeth and percy nod before they all go their own ways.

i was still looking at my feet as the boys around me tried to flirt and joke around with me. i just want perce. these boys won't let me leave, hopefully they come back for me. they'll come back for me, right? "so odette who's your type? me right?" finny asks, his arms still tightly holding me in place. "perce," i mutter out. "forget about him baby," wesley says looking down at me. gods these boys are disgusting. "can you please let me go?" i ask finny politely. "no your not leaving us," matt and wesley say quickly. tears welled up in my eyes as i look around trying to find percy again, and to my surprise i finally see him this time.

percy immediately spots me and his face lights up before looking above me at finny who had his arm around me, his smile slips and he strides over. "who the hell are you?" wesley asks percy giving him a glare. percy looks down at me and sees my eyed watering and he immediately looks at finny, "get your disgusting self off of her." finny drops his arm finally and i immediately run into percy's arms. he holds me close as wesley opens his mouth again, he seriously needs to learn how to shut up. "are you percy? her boyfriend? poor her, i expected better you know cause she's hot." i look up at percy and see his face harden. i quickly grab percy's hand and lead him away, "come on perce, let's just leave." percy huffed but complied.

we met up with annabeth and she instantly pulled me into a hug. "ettie you scared me.. i thought we weren't gonna find you," annabeth whispers into my ear. i hugged her tighter,"as if you could get rid of me that easily." after our hug i stood next to percy again and hugged him, "thank you for finding me perce." he put his arms around my waist with a smile before whispering in my ear, "i'll always find you." i gave him a lopsided smile as i looked into his beautiful ocean eyes, i gave him a kiss on the cheek causing both of our faces to turn scarlet. after witnessing that annabeth gagged and walked off to tell grover that i'm okay.

i stepped away from percy and he just observed me. after a few minutes percy decided to speak up, "so this is athena's place?" "yeah i guess so,"
i say while avoiding eye contact. "wonder if she's around," percy says. after getting no reply from me percy continues, "be right down! just going to the potty!" i look up at him confused but after making eye contact with him i busted out laughing. "amazing." "yeah i have a gift," percy says with a smile and a shrug. "we were pretty lucky to be in the right city for a safe space, huh?"
"luck or fate? you know, this may be athena's territory but a temple is a temple. maybe you could talk to your dad," i say while looking at percy. "no thanks," percy shook his head while making eye contact with me. god his eyes... "why not try perce?" i ask him softly.