chapter thirty six- scotiabank centre

Start from the beginning

But once I opened my eyes, and realized that I wasn't in your arms, all curled up in our bed.. it hurts, my world feels like it's crashing down and the realization that it's not real.. just drives me nuts.

One thing is for sure, I wish those dreams were real life. I wish. I can only hope.

I guess it's because I still love you. And I always will. Even if I do get married to another guy, it will never compare to what we had. Even though it wasn't much, it meant everything. I hope you'd feel the same as well.

All is well at home, as I literally said last night. Nothing has happend since, either than the fact that as I'm writing this, I can't sleep. The white noise in my room isn't helping.

Something I am looking forward to though is that I'm going to see you tonight. I'm going to see you in your element, and most importantly, it'll be the first time in five months that I will  see you. The leafs game will be fun for us all, hell I don't know who I'm going to cheer for.

Yeah, I know it's not fully in person, but it still will feel the same as you holding me. The sparks going off in between us.

When and if you see me, I hope you'll
Talk to me. I feel too shy to go up to you and say anything.

Anyways, I feel my eyes finally shutting, so I'm going to put the pen down lol.

I hope that sometimes when you look at the stars, you will think of me.

p.s. i still love you

Love, Gen

———

Well, if finally worked. I felt my eyes shutting, and the world went dark once again.

Hours later, I woke up to the faint noise of crackling bacon on the stove. The smell whisking through the bottom crack of my door.

Although I felt extra drowsy, I couldn't resist bacon, and I had to get my fair share before Nen decides to be an asshole and take all of it.

I slip on an oversized hoodie over the sports bra that I was sleeping in, put my hair into a ponytail to get it out of my face, and put my feet into my light brown moccasins that were sitting on my carpet.

I make my way into the kitchen to find my mom at the stove, my dad and brother eating their breakfast on the island.

"Save anything for me?" I ask as I approach the open seat at the counter that has an empty plate ready for me.

"Maybe, maybe not." Ben says with his mouth stuffed.

"Of course there is some for you, I made sure he didn't take it all." My mom turns to face me and smiles.

I take some food and put it on my plate, and begin to eat. I turn to my dad, who is sitting right beside me.

"Ready for the game tonight?" I ask him with a giddy face. I was extremely excited to go with him to the Scotiabank centre.

"I am yes, I think it's going to be an interesting game.. Vancouver has been doing well this season." He says.

"When are we leaving again," I say, "I want to know when to get ready." I brush through my ponytail with my fingers.