Chapter 3

BELLAS POV
The past week had been a whirlwind for Bella, a series of unexpected encounters and revelations that left her grappling with a mix of emotions. It all began with a spontaneous run that led her to town, where she unexpectedly crossed paths with Mile's father and his loyal companion, Milo.

"Miles's dad and Milo just appeared out of nowhere. I had to duck into you're place to avoid them," Bella recounted as she shared the details with Roni later.

In Roni's business, Bella discovered her best friend behind closed doors, shedding tears over the uncertainty of her future with Shane. "Turns out Shane's being all indecisive about where we'll live in the future.Emotional roller coaster, much?"

"Ugh, relationships," Roni sighed. "You'd think after all this time, it'd get easier."

Navigating the intricacies of friendship and emotions, Bella found herself at dinner with Wyatt, her chosen date for the upcoming wedding. Their conversation danced around the details.

"So, I didn't give Wyatt the full scoop on why I chose him," Bella confessed to Roni. "I just told him he'd love an excuse to party. He was totally on board with that."

Roni grinned, "Perfect choice then. Let's keep it light and fun."

Plans were set for the attire – Wyatt in a dress shirt and Bella in a light blue dress she had recently acquired. "No matching colors; we're not that kind of couple," Bella chuckled.

As the evening progressed, Bella and Roni decided to embrace the spontaneity of a Friday night by heading to the local dance place. It was there, amid the rhythm of the music and the lively atmosphere, that Bella caught wind of gossip surrounding Miles Finn's return to town.

"Have you heard about Miles being back?" Bella asked Roni, curiosity etched on her face.

"Yeah, whispers everywhere. Miles Finn's the talk of the town," Roni replied, eyes scanning the crowd.

Unable to contain her curiosity, Bella shot a text to Sam, hoping to unravel the mystery of Miles's return. Their exchange of messages revealed that Sam, too, was in the dark about Miles's return and the lack of communication.

"I mean, come on, he's probably going to the wedding, but he hasn't reached out?" Bella wondered aloud, her expression a mix of surprise and contemplation.

Sam's reply came swiftly, "Nope, too you?"

"Nah," Bella responded, a sense of intrigue lingering in the air. "Should I be feeling bad about this? He's might be going to the wedding, but it is a possibility, not a sure thing." As the upcoming wedding loomed closer, the unexpected twists in the fabric of their shared history left Bella questioning the unspoken dynamics at play.