Chapter 31: A drunk Baseball Idiot

Start from the beginning

Back on the school compounds, the four teenagers were heading towards room number five, Asou and Seki walking in the front and Higasa and Sora following behind. The bald guy was so curious about all the fuss Asou had made that he suggested taking the first drink and since Sora was a little gossip at heart herself, she somehow went along with it, so the two of them stopped, rummaged in the shopping bag and took out two cans. Without having a closer look on the outside of their drinks, they opened them and downed them with a toast.

"Kanpai!" they chorused before gulping down the whole content of their cans in one go.

Unfortunately, it was not the sweet and sugary taste of iced tea that Sora had expected, so she started coughing uncontrollably right after.

"Eeeww! Asou, you really like that stuff?!" she questioned. "That's gross! It burns on my tongue and all the way down the throat and my stomach feels funny and hot now. What the hell is with that iced tea, huh?! Is that s'posed to be spicy or somethin'?"

"Huh?! Oi, you traitors, no stealing drinks in advance!" Asou yelled, followed by his smaller best friend. "And what'cha mean gross?!"

But Sora didn't have an opportunity to answer, since Higasa collapsed onto the other two rather comically, his face all red and hot, steam coming out of his ears and his eyes spinning round and round.

"Shuuuu..." he breathed and was totally out of it.

"Oi, get off of me, idiot!"

"Na! Sora, can you let me see the can, na?" Seki asked and the blue haired girl nodded in confusion.

"Sure, catch"

She threw it and Seki caught it, having an investigative look at it.

"N-Na... That's not our iced tea! It's alcohol, na!"

"EHHH?!"

He also looked into the shopping bag, but instead of iced tea cans there were only cans with alcoholics in it. Asou, Seki and Sora blanched and broke out into a cold sweat.

"N-N-Na! That weird guy must've accidentally swapped his shopping bag with ours after he had bowled over Sora... na"

"Y-Yeah guys, but that means..." the young girl began and gulped. "That we not only walked around with various kinds of alcoholics in public and as minors, but also that we brought illegal substances on the compounds of Seidou High School and what's even worse, into the dorm area! You know what I'm getting at, right? And on the very top of it, Higasa and I even consumed that stuff!"

"Coach is so gonna kill us!" Asou panicked. "What should we do now?!"

"I don't know and Higasa's out like a light! Maybe it will have the same effect on me if I'm not careful, I mean at the moment only my stomach feels funny, but maybe it takes a little longer for my body to process it or something?! I seriously don't wanna collapse out here too!"

"Na, there's no helping it, we have to report it", Seki stated seriously. "If something bad happens to Higasa or Sora, it would be our fault for trying to hide it. Besides, we can't throw so many cans away on a school compound without attracting attention and we can't hide them in someone's dorm room either. Rationally speaking every attempt of covering it up would only make things even worse and we didn't do anything wrong or on purpose, so... n-na...?!"

"Are you fucking kidding me? I really want to live, ya know!" Asou shouted, still fidgeting around nervously.

"I'd agree with you Seki, if I wouldn't be so completely and utterly terrified of coach Kataoka..." Sora whined. "I mean, I could also try calling Eijun over. He's a little dork, but very helpful and he can keep secrets for himself... Maybe he could take the shopping bag and throw it away somewhere out of the Seidou compounds...?"